Undocumented Interface Features

redstar

Chieftain
I've not seen this documented anywhere else. If you have a unit selected and press the Z key you go into Grip Mode. It allows you to drag the map around in the same way as you do in Globe View. It is very useful to press Z, use the mouse to move the map around and then press G to then command the unit to go somewhere.

I find it annoying that you can't deselect a unit as the camera always moves back to it when you leave a city or end the turn. Ctrl+H is mentioned in the hints, it selects all wounded units in a tile. What it doesn't mention is that if you press it when there are no wounded units it deselcts the current unit!

Anyone else have an other undocumented interface features?

Last edited:
Didn't know about the Z key. Sounds potentially less awkward than holding down both mouse buttons. Seems that Ctrl+H to deselect only works when all units have already been given orders; otherwise, it'll cycle to the next unit. Still, better than nothing.

The (updated) BtS reference guide shows a lot of keyboard shortcuts on its final page. I proposed a few rather obscure additions in this post, but those that didn't make it into the guide really don't seem useful.

If you press Alt+O and then press Z while a unit is selected the map goes haywire lol.
I still haven't found a way to select all LAND units on a tile spacifically when there are also air and naval units as well. Its soooo anoying. Keep having to use ctrl+click and select each type of land unit one-by-one :(

Top Bottom