Unit list

So this is what the Unit list will look like without the UU in it. Also, I removed the National units as they should be a separate topic.

• Worker
  • Slave
  • Settler
  • Warrior
  • Melee
    • Swordsman
    • Axeman
    • Swordsmaster
    • Long Swordsman
    • Infantry (axeman and swordsman both go here)
    • (only evil) Berserker (does collatoral damage during attack, attack is higher than defense)
  • Spears
    • Spearman
    • Phalanx
    • Pikeman
  • Archers
    • Bowman
    • Archer
    • Longbowman
    • Marksman
    • Crossbowman
  • Recon
    • Scout
    • Hunter
    • (only good) Ranger
  • Siege
    • Ram
    • Catapult
    • Trebuchet
    • Siege Tower
  • Mounted
    • Horsearchers
      • Mounted archer
    • Horseman
      • Horseman
      • Knight
      • Cavalry
  • Ships
    • Transports
      • Ship/Galley
      • Transport/Galleon
    • Warships
      • Warship
      • Siegeship/Quinquereme/Penteres
      • Great ship/Man'O'War/Ship of the Line
    • Misc
      • Workboat

PS: attack and defense values for units are seperate in FFH2, this may be nice (archers better defense but poorer attack, etc)

Looks good.

Sounds good to me. I think for the first tier of units (warrior, scout, axeman) we can look at the stats from FFH I think they are pretty descent (a little higher than normal BtS due to the fact that there are more barbarians and animals in FFH at the beginning).

Example:
  • Warrior: 3 strength, 1 movement
  • Scout: 2 strength, can attack, 2 movement
  • Axeman: 4 strength, 1 movement, +50 vs melee
  • Spearman: 3 strength, 1 movement, +100 vs mounted

Don't forget that spme units can use metal weapons (thus receiving bonusses) and others not. (in your list, Warrior and scout should not be able to use metal weapons, while Axeman and Spearman should).

Yeah definetly. Axeman and Swordsman and Spearman should only use bronze (maybe iron) and warrior and scout none. I think therefore 4 and 3 respectively for axeman and spearman should be high enough and still better than the warrior. The higher units go, the more metals they can use (we have three I believe: bronze, iron and mithril).

Nice list. I don't have anything I would change on it.

Now, are we allowing all units to be built regardless of resource (except Mounted Units) and the resource only giving bonuses?

Such as:

Copper: +1 Attack/Defence
Iron: +2 Attack/Defence
Mithril: +3 Attack/Defence

Or are we thinking along the lines of something else?

What you outlined is pretty much what I had in mind. Perhaps I would give Mithril more of a bonus, but that might be too much.

I think Heavy Cavalry should have Shock Promotion or maybe 'Shatter'

Shatter can be...
(If you win decisivly, collat damage to wounded units)(Like flanking, except this means reaching the back of an army and breaking through)
(Or if a unit hit twice in combat, you get a third free hit before the next combat roll)(harder to code)

Shock is the easy way out. Shatter represents their heavy status at breaking enemy lines and as decisive cavalry.

Interesting concept. Not too sure of the name, but it could work.

Sounds good although we set we would remove heavy cavalry (and maybe make it a UU for Rohan or something). The idea for the promo is good.

About the bonusses: This is pretty much what I had in mind. Maybe do +3 instead of +4 for mithril and have the building give an extra one (via a promo or something).

About Mithril: yeah, going more then +3 might be a bit much. I was thinking about +3 and +10% defense myself, to signify the specialty of Mithril

Mithril: +3 Attack/Defence

I am not sure about you +10% defence comment as it already gives +3, unless you meant:

Mithril: +3 Attack/Defence, +10% More Defence.

Top Bottom