• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Unit: Mitsubishi M3G "Nell" Japanese WW2 Bomber

Hey aaglo, If the research engineer gig doesn't pan out you could do unit anims for a living. Superb work.

Originally posted by Smoking mirror

... a torpedo attack using the cruise missile explosion. The plane flys over & drops some "torpedoes" (actualy the smartbombs from the stealth fighter bomb attack) and a while later (the plane should be long gone, but I've not tested it) theres a big explosion almost in the enemy square.

Some one give it a go and report on how it looks, I can change it a bit if it doesn't work.

I already changed it a bit, if you don't mind. I posted the changed torpattack.flc in the Bristol Beaufighter thread.

Just to tell this again: It seems in the bombing run, the plane moves and the bomb.flc is immobile over the target. What I did was I simply moved the pics 40 pixels to the opposite direction (W-animation -> 40 pix right, NE-animation -> 30 pix left&down).

Now the 'torpedos' are dropped before the unit, and the explosion happens right above the unit.

The changes I did aren't perfect, but close. It could be even better, if the number of 'empty frames' between the drop and the explosion is doubled - then the explosion would happen long after the plane went over. ;)

aaglo,

A work of art. When you get back to doing more, might I suggest a Bristol Beaufighter, and a Mosquito F/B ?

D.

Top Bottom