1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit promotion

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by Abydos2024, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Abydos2024

Abydos2024 Chieftain

Every once in a while I will go to create an army in one of my cities. I select the unit and press x to create army, however the option to create army is replaced with upgrade unit. I have the option of picking a new promotion for one of my single veteran NEWLY created units, never been in combat units. I have no idea why or how this happens, I can't figure out if it's tech or a great person that makes the city do this. Please help, this has to have happen to someone else. Ex: select build tank>rush tank>next turn press x upgrade unit>infiltration or blitz. Only units built in that city get this option.

2. Chinese American

Chinese American Hamtastic Knight

Some things can grant free promotions and veteran status. Such as buildings (barracks), civ-specific abilties (russians, i think), world wonders, etc. I don't remember if settling a great general also does this, but that could be it.

3. ArchGhost

ArchGhost Prince

Barracks+Settled Great Leader gives units created in that city 6 exp, enough to take a promotion immediately without combat. You have a Great Leader settled in that city along with a Barracks.

4. Abydos2024

Abydos2024 Chieftain

Thank you that answers my question.