Resource icon

Unit Rebalance Mod 1.1 2016-11-18

WaterZer0

Chieftain
WaterZer0 submitted a new resource:

Unit Rebalance Mod 1.1 - Improves unit balance (hopefully)

I have no idea how to spoiler a changelog in here, so I guess go read it over on the resouce page. Sorry.

Last edited:
Spoiler :
[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler] without the spaces.

you got some pretty good points here. I agree with you especially on anti-cavalry balance. In other civ opus, an anti-cavalry unit, beat the horsehocky out of cavalry, and that should be it... in civ6 i just spam cavalry and regular unit, these previous ones are close to useless for now since they are weaker against other than cavalry and barely do the difference with these ones.

Everyone should agree on the scout & recon unit (and even submarines) ignore zoc, this should be vanilla srsly and there is already a mod for this i don't know if you saw & i can't play without it, cool to see you agree aswell.

In the end the biggest failure to me, is that the mecanized infantry is the most powerfull unit of the game (speaking overhaul stats/matchups)... this doesn't makes sense at all, a modern armor should be kicking its ass (and when you take a look at production cost, this doesn't make sense at all again) this is ******ed to see everyone spamming mecanized infantry in the end, these one beat the horsehocky of almost everything, i had sometimes to sacrify 2 modern armors to beat one, and they are very easy to upgrade from infantry... cities become easier to take with m.infantry than you armors or else, i think there should even be a nerf ! c'mon firaxis in real life a mecanized infantry is just a fair armor with soldiers inside, yes it's powerfull but a tank shell aimed right here and poum ! only ashes remains.

Helicopters are not enough powerful i think, i tried many times, i don't build them anymore... but in real life helicopters are damn armor killers, they should be the counter of modern armors... somehow we need to make them more usefull than their mobility (and yes you are right again : 4 movments wth !!!)

and yes aswell for the destroyer sight + movment, (i think there is the sight of the cruisers that is 2 aswell, the simple one, not missile cruisers, they should have the same sight than their range no? they don't even have a promotion to increase their range, where destroyer has it lol...)

Last edited:
Nice mod! I like every single one of your changes. Do you know if it's possible to change the machine guns ZoC to 2 tiles in each direction? I'm thinking of doing that to make it more of a support\suppressing unit and then nerf its combat strength by 5 or 10 so it's not OP.

Would love to hear your opinion on this and if it's possible for me to edit this myself from your mod.

Reducing the cost of Upgrades? Why? They're already dirt cheap, even before the card. I routinely make a low tier army with a plan to upgrade it for a timing attack. You basically buy new units for 0.75g per production, it's ridiculous.

I think they should be increased and the upgrade card halved, honestly.

I like the scout ZOC change, but the problem comes with Barbarians. They're basically impossible to catch if they ignore ZOC, and barbarians are already a huge issue for the Deity AI on Epic. It would be much simpler if barbarians had their own recon units.

Suggestion?

Lower range of slingers,(already 1 I know) archers, (and archer variants - horse chariot etc) and crossbows to 1.

Otherwise I think this is pretty neat.

Oh @Gilgasmash has a good point on the recon unit tweak too.

Suggestion?

Lower range of slingers,(already 1 I know) archers, (and archer variants - horse chariot etc) and crossbows to 1.

Otherwise I think this is pretty neat.

Oh @Gilgasmash has a good point on the recon unit tweak too.

I agree with this suggestion... archer-type is now OP, but range 1 would make them OK

So I attempted to tweak the mod myself using notepad ++ by adding the following lines to the XML file:

<Update>
<Where UnitType="ARCHER"/>
<Set Range="1"/>
</Update>

<Update>
<Where UnitType="CROSSBOWMAN"/>
<Set Range="1"/>
</Update>

<Update>
<Where UnitType="EGYPTIAN_CHARIOT_ARCHER"/>
<Set Range="1"/>
</Update>

Saved as Unit Rebalance.xml and started a new game - checked the Civlopedia and there was no change. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

*Edit - So yeah those changes I listed above do nothing. I don't know but I can confirm that as listed it doesn't work after testing

Any experienced modders have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
So I attempted to tweak the mod myself using notepad ++ by adding the following lines to the XML file:

<Update>
<Where UnitType="ARCHER"/>
<Set Range="1"/>
</Update>

<Update>
<Where UnitType="CROSSBOWMAN"/>
<Set Range="1"/>
</Update>

<Update>
<Where UnitType="EGYPTIAN_CHARIOT_ARCHER"/>
<Set Range="1"/>
</Update>

Saved as Unit Rebalance.xml and started a new game - checked the Civlopedia and there was no change. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

*Edit - So yeah those changes I listed above do nothing. I don't know but I can confirm that as listed it doesn't work after testing

Any experienced modders have any thoughts on this?
Yeah, you need to look up the correct unit type names (see \Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Units.xml).
For you this would be UNIT_ARCHER, UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN and UNIT_EGYPTIAN_CHARIOT_ARCHER

Actually battleships aren't that slow. They're some of the fastest ships in their era.

I still use this mod and I'm surprised it's not more popular. It creates that scissors, paper, rock effect and makes all units useful in different situations. This is a must-have.

Hey! Feel free to put this in the installation section to help the Mac users. Spotlight search "/users/your_name/library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI" then right click the Sid Meier's Civilization VI app -> show package contents -> then you're in the games files and can add it to mods/dlc from there

Top Bottom