UNIT REQUEST: F9F Panther

Shady

Why are you reading this?
The F9F Panther was a U.S. Korean War era attack plane that just bombed the peninsula the whole time. But who cares?

Fact is that I'm missing a post-ww2 jet fighter-bomber that can be used on carriers since there is a huge gap in available graphics from the stuka to the tornado....

Here is a pic:

http://www.stushepherd.homestead.com/files/MonogramF9F.jpg

and some schems

Attachments

• f9f-3v.jpg
    f9f-3v.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 186
I think that the cold war bomber aspect is even more lacking. We already have the Mig15, F-86, Mig21, and F-4 Phantom. What we don't have are the Tupolev 95, Tu-160, Tu-22, Tu-16, the XB-70 Valkerie, and the B-58 Hustler bomber.

Well, if you´re not in a hurry I could come back to this (the Panther, and some of those bombers for snsfro). Thing is, after I did my current jet projects (Rafale, Saab 37, and a new A10) I´ll probably take a break from aircraft creation for a while. I can´t always throw out jets at the current rate....;)

But I´m quite sure that I´ll make new planes later.....

Someone's already working on the Hustler....what's his name...bleh, cant remember, but oit's one of his summer projects...*nods*

Well when I request units I request ones that were in plenty and that were symbolic of the type and era of the general type of unit so wasting time making all kinds of different bombers for a 2 year span is just unnecessary IMO.

Are you saying that the Tupolev-95 "Bear" was not important or in plenty?

No. I said when I request units that they were/are important, plentiful, and symbolic of the unit type. if you can't tell the difference between a yes answer to your question and my statement ...oh well

see i got gaps missing in my mod and try to fill those gaps with at least generic units by requesting stuff here. sometimes it saddens me to see that eleventy five flavor units of the same type are requested sometimes with minor differences.

which is why i'm glad that bebro is probably going to tackle the F9F Panther.

Top Bottom