Unit Request: Native American Archer

Kal-el

Deity
In my ever constant quest to diversify the Civ3 world I am making another request for a new flavor unit.

The Native American Archer:

Somebody please make this for the community.

I hate to be the needy "please make this person" (no offense to anyone, it's just the shyness showing through) but I'm all for as many Native American units as possible - it seems like these have been relatively overlooked

Someone might make a really simple version by combining the scout's legs and the Mounted Warrior's upper body. Something like this: (I know this is really poor quality but I just figured out how to export flics from Flicster and I wanted to try something in my crappy publishing program ;))

Attachments

• mountedwarriorattacka.jpg
    mountedwarriorattacka.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 598
Of course much better looking, I would hope.

Then again, his headdress makes him more of a plains indian archer, and it looks like you want a more Iroquois-type archer.

Assuming I can find decent props and such I think I'll try to make this guy.

well, since I have added the Sioux to my mod I would love to have both! But since I can only really hope for one, how bout a guy with two feathers in his head.

PD,

that would be great if you could make him.

I'll try. Since he'd probably only have pants and/or a loin cloth, I should be able to clothe him and a bow won't be hard to find. The tough part of the model will be headgear. I've downloaded a potential full headdress but I haven't looked at it yet. Maybe I could just slap a couple feathers against the back of his head for an Iroqouis version :D After that, I just have to figure out how to shoot arrows ;)

maybe Kinboat could help you out with the poses necessary for the archer animation.

if you do a search for "feather" at renderosity you can get a bunch of different feathers that you might be able to use.

here is one example:

Regarding the animations, I was intending to look at the Robin Hood anims to start me off at least ;) As for the feathers, pretty much all the ones at renderosity are PSP or Photoshop images and not actual 3-d objects so I'm not sure how I could use them. I've seen one somewhere though if I could just remember where it was... :)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I get there. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make his pants and loin cloth play nicely together :)

I came up with some feathers and am close to a decent model, so unless something unforseen happens in trying to animate I'll be able to make this guy

Top Bottom