UNIT REQUEST: Post WW2 German soldier

Shady

Why are you reading this?
Before anybody rants on about existing units...
I took a look everywhere and what I'm looking for doesn't exist. I'd like this guy looking almost exactly like he is, with the camo uniform and the Stg 44 being the most important parts. The Helmet is too detailed to be noticeable with the goggles on a civ3 scale and the helmet camo might be a little small too so a black stahlhelm would do fine. The binoculars and the hood can be dropped if they are too small (which the binoculars probably would be). A standard backpack from previous infantry such as the ptw german rifleman would do fine with civ color in place as it is.

I'm not so sure if this can be done with a cut and past job but if that should be the path I suggest using the rifle from the ptw guerilla minus the bayonet as the stg 44 and ak 47 look very similar and indistinguishable on such a small scale. As for the uniform I really can't think of anything other than the green paratrooper by Mork to copy and paste from but it doesn't really look like the uniform.

So if somebody has the courage to do this guy from scratch or based on whatever human model you can find for your 3d program, it would be probably get the best results.

This would simply be a flavor unit for germans for the modern infantry or vietnam era infantry.

oops. forgot the pic

Attachments

• sal4.jpg
    sal4.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 121
and here is a picture of the sturmgewehr 44 assault rifle

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 124
Camo stahlhelm is preferred but again, if it don't show up well....

Attachments

• stahlhelm%20cam4.jpg
    stahlhelm%20cam4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom