Unit that spends a build charge to create hills.

fekfek

Chieftain
Hey folks! New to Civ6 modding; I've been diving in deep for the past week or so, and having a blast.

I'd like to create a new unit (geomancer/druid/earthbender/etc.) that can use a build charge to create hills on an unimproved flat tile. Is that possible? Specifically, can hills be "created" in the middle of the game, or are they locked in at worldgen?

If it's possible, where should I take a peek, first? I'm comfortable digging into LUA if it can't be done with SQL alone, as long as the solution is stable and multiplayer-friendly.

Thank you!

There is a mod called
Dig Down the Mountain, Fill Up the Ocean.
that allows altering terrain, maybe you can find something useful in there?

There is a mod called
Dig Down the Mountain, Fill Up the Ocean.
that allows altering terrain, maybe you can find something useful in there?

I'll check it out, thank you!

For future googlers, I also found this thread, which seems like a promising lead, although it deals with adding and removing features, rather than changing a plot's terrain type.

Hey folks! New to Civ6 modding; I've been diving in deep for the past week or so, and having a blast.

I'd like to create a new unit (geomancer/druid/earthbender/etc.) that can use a build charge to create hills on an unimproved flat tile. Is that possible? Specifically, can hills be "created" in the middle of the game, or are they locked in at worldgen?

If it's possible, where should I take a peek, first? I'm comfortable digging into LUA if it can't be done with SQL alone, as long as the solution is stable and multiplayer-friendly.

Thank you!
you'll need to save reload for a change to the terrain to take effect visually on the 3D map (it's shown immediately in the strategic view, and gameplay effects are also applied immediately)

the function used to set terrain is TerrainBuilder.SetTerrainType, you'll find example of use in the game's files

you'll also need to call TerrainBuilder.AnalyzeChokepoints() after changing land tiles to water (or impassable tiles I think), but that would not be needed in your case.

you'll need to save reload for a change to the terrain to take effect visually on the 3D map (it's shown immediately in the strategic view, and gameplay effects are also applied immediately)

the function used to set terrain is TerrainBuilder.SetTerrainType, you'll find example of use in the game's files

you'll also need to call TerrainBuilder.AnalyzeChokepoints() after changing land tiles to water (or impassable tiles I think), but that would not be needed in your case.

Awesome, thank you so much!

Top Bottom