[Units] New texts

French Infantry:

Code:
		<!--CIVILOPEDIA FRENCH INFANTRY-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_FRENCH_INFANTRY">
			<Text>
				At the outbreak of the Second World War, France had the largest army in Europe, sporting 86 divisions.  After Germany declared war on Poland, and France&#8217;s subsequent declaration of war on Germany, the first few months were spent by the infantry relaxing.  They entered into Germany against little resistance but shortly left.  With the exception of fighting in Norway, they then sat and waited during the time known as the Phoney War, snug in their Maginot Line fortifications. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				In the spring of 1940, the French were outflanked by the Wehrmacht, who attacked through the Low Countries, completely ignoring the Maginot Line defenses.  Although the French infantry fought fiercely, they were unprepared for the new armoured tactics devised by Germany, and soon they were routed and Paris was captured.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The war was not over for the French infantry, however.  Although many of the survivors of the Battle of France remained in the military under Vichy Rule and some even joined the S.S., there were those who joined the Free French forces outside of the country, eventually reaching 400,000 volunteers.  Under the command of General Charles de Gaul, La France Libre forces continued to do battle against the Axis forces, engaging them in Crete, Libya, Tunisia, East Africa, and Italy.  After D-Day, they once again fought on their home soil, and battled through Belgium into Germany.
			</Text>
		</Row>

If anyone thinks I should add something, let me know.

Gede,

Should the code be written as

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_FRENCH_INFANTRY">

or

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_INFANTRY_FRENCH_INFANTRY"> ???

I ask, because the Panzer was written "TANK_PANZER_VI_TIGER", not "PANZER_VI_TIGER"

G.

"TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_FRENCH_INFANTRY", use exact syntax as in first post.

I used nation-class for "common" units (infantry,paratroopers, etc..) and class-model for specific units (Panzer IV, Me-109, ...)

Don't ask me why, 'cause I don't remember.

Code:
 <!--CIVILOPEDIA Panzer IV-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_Tank_PANZER_IV">
			<Text>
				The Panzerkampfwagen IV (Tank Mark IV), otherwise known as the Panzer IV, was a medium and infantry support tank used by Germany and its allies during the Second World War. It was the most produced German tank during the war, with more than 8,800 produced. The first models were infantry support tanks, armed with stubby 75mm KwK L/24. As the Panzer III became increasingly obsolete, the Wehrmacht needed a tank that could fight other tank effectivly. The F2 and G models had not only AT guns(KwK L/43 on the F2, a KwK L/48 on the G)that had better armor penitration than the F-32 gun on the Soviet T-34/76, the armor was upgraded as well. A further varient, the H, had side skirts to protect against small arms and explosives. Late in the war, the Panzer IVH was proven to be inferior to the Panther and Tiger, but proved a capable adversary.While production was stopped in late 1944, they were used up until the very end of the war. The chassis was the base for many Tank Destroyers, SPGs, and Anti-Aircraft guns. The last known useage of the Panzer IV was during the Six-Day War(1967), by the Syrians. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
			</Text>
		</Row>
How's this? This text can be used for all of the Panzer IV models :D
Yep, like that, just use full capital letter for the tag ("TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZER_IV" and not "TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_Tank_PANZER_IV")

Yep, like that, just use full capital letter for the tag ("TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZER_IV" and not "TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_Tank_PANZER_IV")

Done :D

Here's Civinator's entry with a few punctuation and spelling corrections. Looks good, though. Also, I broke it up into a couple of paragraphs so it was a little less intimidating to read. Hope you don't mind.

Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZER_IV">
			<Text>
				The Panzerkampfwagen IV (Tank Mark IV), otherwise known as the Panzer IV, was a medium and infantry support tank used by Germany and its allies during the Second World War. It was the most produced German tank during the war, with more than 8,800 produced.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The first models were infantry support tanks, armed with stubby 75mm KwK L/24. As the Panzer III became increasingly obsolete, the Wehrmacht needed a tank that could fight other tank effectively. The F2 and G models had not only Anti-tank guns (KwK L/43 on the F2, a KwK L/48 on the G) that had better armor penetration than the F-32 gun on the Soviet T-34/76, the armor was upgraded as well. A further variant, the H had side skirts to protect against small arms and explosives. Late in the war, the Panzer IVH was proven to be inferior to the Panther and Tiger, but proved a capable adversary.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				While production was stopped in late 1944, they were used up until the very end of the war. The chassis was the base for many Tank Destroyers, SPGs, and Anti-Aircraft guns. The last known usage of the Panzer IV was during the Six-Day War (1967) by the Syrians.
			</Text>
		</Row>

G.

Here's Civinator's entry with a few punctuation and spelling corrections. Looks good, though. Also, I broke it up into a couple of paragraphs so it was a little less intimidating to read. Hope you don't mind.

Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_PANZER_IV">
			<Text>
				The Panzerkampfwagen IV (Tank Mark IV), otherwise known as the Panzer IV, was a medium infantry support tank used by Germany and its allies during the Second World War. It was the most produced German tank during the war, with more than 8,800 produced.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The first models were infantry support tanks, armed with stubby 75mm KwK L/24. As the Panzer III became increasingly obsolete, the Wehrmacht needed a tank that could fight other tank effectively. The F2 and G models had not only Anti-tank guns (KwK L/43 on the F2, a KwK L/48 on the G) that had better armor penetration than the F-32 gun on the Soviet T-34/76, the armor was upgraded as well. A further variant, the H had side skirts to protect against small arms and explosives. Late in the war, the Panzer IVH was proven to be inferior to the Panther and Tiger, but proved a capable adversary.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				While production was stopped in late 1944, they were used up until the very end of the war. The chassis was the base for many Tank Destroyers, SPGs, and Anti-Aircraft guns. The last known usage of the Panzer IV was during the Six-Day War (1967) by the Syrians.
			</Text>
		</Row>

G.
:goodjob:
Edit: Wait a minute, it should be medium AND infantry support

I've decided to start working alphabetically. For the Airfield, is it just referring to an airfield in a city, or will it be an airfield built outside the city by engineers?

Outside, but is not used, and I don't know if it will be.

Outside, but is not used, and I don't know if it will be.

Then I'll leave it for now. If you decide to, let me know and I will write it up.

Do you have some more ? :D

Do you have some more ? :D

Sorry. My deepest apologies. I have been very busy, and had little time to work on those. What I need is a good swift kick in the arse. :eek:

No need to apology, modding is something we do on our free time, it's done when it's done (and if it's done...)

The new initialization code for unit is picking class description if there is no specific text for an unit, so everything is filled automatically, and I can add whatever you have when it's available, so don't worry there is no deadline :)

OK, I think I finally have free time to do up text. What ever happened to that nice big list of units that was posted. I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Never Mind. I found it. Dadoy!

Are ALL of the Battleships already done?

I have another question. It may not seem important, but being a pedantic person, I feel I need a decision on this as it will maintain consistency. There are different spellings of words based on nationality. For example (and I bring this one up because it is important in my mind) here in Canada (as well as England), it is spelled "armour" and in the U.S.A. they spell it "armor". Do you prefer me to use English spelling of words or American spelling of words?

I think I've used the US spelling in the texts already done.

see the TextsPedia.xml in the "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 37)\XML" folder for what's already done.

see the TextsPedia.xml in the "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 37)\XML" folder for what's already done.

Booooooooo...... That's like doing homework. :crazyeye:

All I have in that folder is CvGameCore_Expansion1.dll file. Nothing else....

Code:
		<!--CIVILOPEDIA American B-17-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_AMERICAN_B-17">
			<Text>
				The Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress was an American heavy bomber that was originally designed in the 1930s but found intense use in the 1940s during the Second World War, specifically in the European Theatre of Operations. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The B-17 soon developed a reputation for being tough and durable.  It was quite capable of defending itself due to a heavy armament and became famous for returning from a mission even after sustaining heavy damage.  [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Requiring a crew of 10, this famous heavy bomber was armed with thirteen half-inch M2 Browning machine guns, could reach a ceiling of 35,600 ft, had a maximum speed of 287 mph, and had a range of 2,000 miles.  During the war the B-17 was responsible for almost one half of the bomb tonnage dropped by the entire allied forces in Europe, the majority of which was dropped during daytime raids running in conjunction with the British night time bombings.  [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
			</Text>
		</Row>

Ok, here's the first one in a long time. I threw it together in about 20 minutes, so if anyone notices any mistakes, let me know.

Top Bottom