[Units] New texts

Thanks, they'll be in next beta :)

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've been on. Very busy. I hope everyone is doing good.

Anyway, I've been reading over the new text submissions and I've noticed some fixing up (some minor and some major) that needs to be done. However, it's been a while since I've been on, and I don't want to offend anyone. Can I get people's Permission to edit their submissions?

G.

I'd like to see your version, and I'm assuming that what we're doing here is common work, so I hope that no one will be offended.

I was pretty sure of that, but I hate to step on anyone's toes.

These two were well written, but I noticed some punctuation errors. As well, I made some minor changes just to help the flow.

Code:
<!--CIVILOPEDIA MATILDA II-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_MATILDA_II">
			<Text>
				The Matilda Mark II (A12), originally known simply as The Infantry Tank Mark II, was a British infantry tank of the Second World War.  It was a marked improvement over its predecessor, the Matilda I (A11), boasting a 2 pounder gun, thicker armour, and numerous other technological improvements.  However, its massive weight, nearly twice that of its predecessor, made it slow and cumbersome.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				When war broke out in September, 1939, only two Matilda's were in service with the British Army.  Nonetheless, a small number of Matilda's did take part in the Battle of France where their thick armour proved a rude shock to the advancing German troops.  Those tanks were later abandoned in the Dunkirk evacuation.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Production of the Matilda continued and the tanks were sent to the newly established front of North East Africa.  It was there, against a poorly equipped Italian force, that it earned its nickname 'Queen of the Desert'.  Its incredibly tough armour proved too thick for the Italian tanks and guns and helped drive the axis forces across the Libyan desert.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				With the arrival of the Afrika Korps, The Matilda’s luck began to change. It proved vulnerable to the Germans new anti-tank guns, and it was ill suited to the mobile warfare that was taking place.  For a time, it still proved a match for enemy tanks; however, as newer and more powerful Axis models arrived on the battlefield, it slowly became less and less effective.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				Its successor, the Valentine tank, began to arrive in late 1941, replacing the increasingly obsolete Matilda. What remained of the Matilda force in Africa was largely destroyed in the summer of 1942, during Operation Crusader, where they helped win Britain's first ground victory against German forces. However, it continued to be used in other theatres, largely in the pacific, where they proved more than a match for Japanese forces and became the only British tank to remain in service throughout the war.
			</Text>
		</Row>

Code:
<!--CIVILOPEDIA VALENTINE-->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_TANK_VALENTINE">
			<Text>

The Valentine Tank, which was the successor to the Matilda II, was a British infantry tank designed by Vickers-Armstrong.  With a similar top speed, armour thickness and armament as the Matilda II, it was no huge leap forward in tank evolution.  Its main draw was reduced weight, lower silhouette, and reduced production costs.  The Valentine began trials in May 1940, coinciding with the loss of equipment in Dunkirk.  Keen to replace losses, the War Office approved the design and rushed it into production.  During the war 8,275 were built in the UK and Canada, making it the most produced British tank design of the war.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The Valentine first saw combat during Operation Crusader in North Africa and was used extensively throughout the African campaign.  During the campaign, it earned a reputation for reliability and good protection.  However, like many tanks of its time, its two pounder gun was insufficient to counter enemy tanks.  Later variants were fitted with the six pounder; but, this was delayed due to a need to replace losses from Dunkirk.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				It was also used in the European theatre; however, by 1944 it had been almost completely replaced by the Churchill (A22).  The Valentine was also used extensively by Soviet forces, who received several thousand through the land-lease program.  Serving from the Battle of Moscow until the end of the war its small size and reliability was popular among Soviet troops.
			</Text>
		</Row>
[/QUOTE]

Anyway, I've been reading over the new text submissions and I've noticed some fixing up (some minor and some major) that needs to be done. However, it's been a while since I've been on, and I don't want to offend anyone. Can I get people's Permission to edit their submissions?

Fell free. I know there's probably a ton of errors in the texts I did, as well as stuff that could use a but of a re write.

Glad I was directed to this forum! Time to begin searching the civilopedia for things in need of update :D!

That would be welcome :)

Top Bottom