1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown problem trying to tag the Kampung to a custom civilization

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by DarkAlzara, Jul 3, 2020.

1. DarkAlzara

DarkAlzara Chieftain

Hey all: could somebody take a look at my code for trying to tag the kampung to a custom civilization. I've been modding all sorts of things but for some reason something as simple as this is evading me:

(I omitted the insert into players and other things that aren't relevant)...

INSERT INTO PlayerItems
    (Domain, CivilizationType, LeaderType, Type, Icon, Name, Description, SortIndex )
    VALUES ('AnnoDominiPlayers', 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'LEADER_NAERALITH_SHAELANA', 'UNIT_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA_UU', 'ICON_UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW', 'LOC_UNIT_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA_UU_NAME', 'LOC_UNIT_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA_UU_DESCRIPTION', 10 ),
    ('AnnoDominiPlayers', 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'LEADER_NAERALITH_SHAELANA', 'IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'ICON_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'LOC_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG_NAME', 'LOC_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG_DESCRIPTION', 20 );

Delete From Improvement_BonusYieldChanges
    WHERE ImprovementType = 'IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG';

Delete From Improvement_Tourism

Delete From ImprovementModifiers

Insert Into CivilizationTraits
    (CivilizationType, TraitType)
    VALUES 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG');

The improvement simply doesn't show up in game. Even if I omit the above delete statements, the improvement doesn't show up. I'm actually creating this civilization to work alongside anno domini so will probably post in that forum too!

Thanks,

Al

2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

3. DarkAlzara

DarkAlzara Chieftain

it isn’t necessary. At least I don’t think it is lol. The art all exists in the Indonesia dlc.

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Is all of that code in the same file ?

If so, that is your first major problem.

You can't mix and match FrontEnd Database code in the same file with InGame Database code.

And you will need to take special modinfo actions in order to get the artwork to load under the Anno Domini Ruleset. Take a close look at the Anno Domini Gathering Storm edition's modinfo file and you will see stuff like this
    Code:

<UpdateArt id="AnnoArt">
          <Properties>
            <LoadOrder>135</LoadOrder>
          </Properties>
          <Include mod_id="1B28771A-C749-434B-9053-D1380C553DE9" action_id="Expansion1_MajorArt" />
          <Include mod_id="643EA320-8E1A-4CF1-A01C-00D88DDD131A" action_id="NubiaArt" />
          <Include mod_id="E2749E9A-8056-45CD-901B-C368C8E83DEB" action_id="MacedoniaArt" />
          <Include mod_id="7619F77B-BAA7-4912-AA6E-45C124E6ECFD" action_id="NubiaScenarioArt" />
          <File priority="500">Anno Domini GS.dep</File>
        </UpdateArt>

5. DarkAlzara

DarkAlzara Chieftain

thank you so much! This is pointing me in the right direction. I’m new to modding civ 6 so these tips of where to look for things are hugely helpful!!! I’ll keep you posted on my progress!

EDIT: Also, no those things were not in the same file: i just pasted the relevant code

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  6. DarkAlzara

DarkAlzara Chieftain

Ok I just looked at this. Is there a guide for me to make sense of it. I see that it is including art from various DLCs including the mod IDs. I already have dependency set for the Indonesian civilization: not sure if that is what I'm looking for though.

7. DarkAlzara

DarkAlzara Chieftain

Ok I managed to get this into my modinfo file:

<UpdateArt id="NewAction">
    <Include mod_id="1F367231-A040-4793-BDBB-088816853683" action_id="IndonesiaKhmerArt" />
    </UpdateArt>

Doesn't seem to have helped though! Any suggestions?

8. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

And looking closer at what you did post, this is a syntax error
    Code:
    Insert Into CivilizationTraits
    (CivilizationType, TraitType)
    VALUES 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG');
    At the very end you have a ")" which is not associated to any opening "("

You should look at database.log for error reports:

9. DarkAlzara

DarkAlzara Chieftain

Yeah I noticed that a little earlier. It has already been fixed but still doesnt seem to work...

10. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

You would need to zip the mod from the game's mods folder and attach to a post in order for anyone to make a better assessment as to what is happening.