• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Unplayable multiplayer

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
And that's the fault of the lobby! there so many bugs in lobbies that i can hardly sum them up. But let's try...

* Ability to kick other players is we are not the host (bug, we can't normally)
* Unability to choose the civ even random, it may select a civ for you and you can't change it
* disconnections within the lobby
* unability to click ready, it won't change to green.
* Unability to make random AIs green.
* Whereas the AIs are counted as players in the general lobby is not clear
* Game stuck at "retrieveing host informations" (more rare by now but i started with such a bug)
*the game is still "powered" by Gamespy
*Etc...

Knowing that i bought Civ5 for multiplayer makes me angry. If i wanted to play single player, i would just have pirated the game. This makes me very, very angry. I paid for something that doesn't work.

And i don't even talk about the rubbish there is once the game is launched (by some miracle) Freezes, disconnection, welcome in Civ3 and Civ4.

I don't know you, but for me that's a waste.

Thank you Firaxis to have release such a perfect multiplayer game. I don't think i will buy Civ6 at all.

we've been playiong for a while and it did worked well - its just seems frustrating because it works differently but you can do many things you mentioned - just get understanding how steam works, join civ channel there and play games alot - after i discovered that it is a way to play civ5 mp and did it it seems to be quite smooth and interesting (besides me being losing 2 games in a row hehe)
Also yep there bugs but it all about conncetion - need just reboot it - and we'll hope such ones will be fixed
but 75% of my mp experience was smooth after i found how to connect to people via steam

I've played/tried to play dozens of online games and have found the following to be true:

- Host has to have a solid connection.
- If the Lobby has more than 3 people join and leave, it typically crashes.
- Likewise, if the original host leaves, it typically gets 'stuck' on the load screen.
- Even when a game makes it through loading, usually only 75% of the players make it.
- About 50% of games I have played get in to the main screen and then lock up until someone drops. This can take 1 minute or 5 minutes.
- WHEN YOU FIND PEOPLE WHO LOAD WELL WITH YOU STICK WITH THEM! :)

I've played/tried to play dozens of online games and have found the following to be true:

- Host has to have a solid connection.
- If the Lobby has more than 3 people join and leave, it typically crashes.
- Likewise, if the original host leaves, it typically gets 'stuck' on the load screen.
- Even when a game makes it through loading, usually only 75% of the players make it.
- About 50% of games I have played get in to the main screen and then lock up until someone drops. This can take 1 minute or 5 minutes.
- WHEN YOU FIND PEOPLE WHO LOAD WELL WITH YOU STICK WITH THEM! :)

I have made about 15 friends aleady by befriending good hosts/smooth players.

Have not had a laggy game in weeks (and I play Americans, and live in England).

It is possible to have good MP games. Yes Steams regional games lists suck and their is no chat lobby.

But Nova has said using your friends list works fine and if you a place to find more Civ5 MP players come join the CivPlayers League steam chat room

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Lots of people here and I'm sure you can find a good low lag game

CS

And btw for the OP, Gamespy has nothing to do with the MP code in this game, the "powered by Gamespy" logo is their because GS is hosting the Mod Centre.

CS

I must say in a turn based game this is just unbelievable how they still haven't gottent the mp to work.

I mean on my studies we made a freaking multiplayable pong that worked better. :)

after multiple games with friends and with other guys i just noticed that the game is sometime capricious. Sometimes i just can't join a friend and sometimes it's possible. I can't explain why but the connection isn't work...

But during the game, some strange load screens sometimes but in a general point of view, there isn't any problem...

Does anybody know the best settings for a working mp game?

max. 2 players and duel map :confused:

Yeah, in my experience it is just as you say: 2 player, no AI, duel size, minimal graphics (even if you got a good computer) and make sure you kill your foe before medieval era ends.

Then you should encounter FEWER crash/reload problems.

Top Bottom