Upgrade text after adding yield to building.

Yaser

Chieftain
<Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>
<Row>
<PolicyType>POLICY_ARISTOCRACY</PolicyType>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GRANARY</BuildingClassType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<YieldChange>1</YieldChange>
</Row>
</Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>

This will cause the Granary to give one extra food. It works. How do I update the text that pops up when I hoover the mouse over the Granary in the city screen to reflect the added food?

You would have to alter the text contained within the text-key TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GRANARY_HELP and add verbiage that the granary produces an extra food when the aristocracy Policy has been adopted.

Some effects from policies are shown by default as a direct yield effect upon the building when in city view, but other effects even though tied to a building are shown in the city overall yields panel as coming from policies, whereas others are reflected as changes to the city tile's base outputs.

POLICY_ORGANIZED_RELIGION gives an extra faith to Shrines and Temples, and that is accurately reflected when in the city view.

Or actually not, just checked... false memory, very vivid false memory.

Thanks.

I'm trying to find the file where TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GRANARY_HELP is defined in order to use the existing text as template for my own text in my own mod. Otherwise, I would have to write it from scratch. But I can't locate the file.

Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GRANARY_HELP">
			<Text>Each source of [ICON_RES_WHEAT] Wheat [ICON_RES_BANANA] Bananas and [ICON_RES_DEER] Deer worked by this City produce +1 [ICON_FOOD] Food.</Text>
		</Row>
The English version of the text is in file "CIV5GameTextInfos_Jon.xml" within folder
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Gameplay\XML\NewText\EN_US
This is a Vanilla file since the Granary is a building introduced by the original Vanilla version of the game.

Especially for text data you are better off using an SQLite database viewer program and going directly to the source database file for Localization Texts rather than attempting to navigate the crazy quagmire that is the "organization" of Text Localization files for Civ5.

With a database viewer program you want to open file "Localization-Merged.db" if I recall correctly from within the folder
Code:
C:\Users\[YourUserNameHere]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

William Howard has a tutorial posted in the References and Tutorials sub-forum on how database viewer programs can be used to view the contents of the tables and whatnot within one of the game's databases, but I don't have the link to the thread handy anymore.

Top Bottom