v1.10

great changelist, can't wait to try (I'm actually addicted even if RAND is not yet polished :p). One thing though: the Arabian UHV suffers the same bug of the Turkish one I think, but it's not in the changelist, probably because the summary thread made some days ago also was missing it.

edit: one more thing, Egypt almost never starts in "Africa" in large earth likeliness, and Carthage simply never. As a result, later civs will also be misplaced. Also there is a problem with spawning civs flipping anything (except capitals) human-controlled with 4-5 tiles from their capital, no matter how distant close they are to their own capital. I say human-controlled because the same does not happen with AI controlled civs. For example in a chinese game I was playing, a spawning Mongolia would flip 3 of my 5 cities, however if I switched to Mongolia and settle their same capital, I would flip only 1 of the now AI-controlled Chinese cities.
Lastly, the presence of Camel Archers in Africa should be greatly toned down. AI Mali and Ethiopia never survive a game, and playing a european colonizing nation, you'll have to send an army of pikemen to Africa in order to resist the Mameluks because they'll know ASAP you settle in Africa and they'll want to destroy you :p

I loaded up v1.1, and playing as the Dutch got no cows on mountains (yeah). However, when I received my first quest playing on a large map with High likelihood, I was tasked with building 17 amphitheaters. Even on a huge map that's still ridiculous.

I loaded up v1.1, and playing as the Dutch got no cows on mountains (yeah). However, when I received my first quest playing on a large map with High likelihood, I was tasked with building 17 amphitheaters. Even on a huge map that's still ridiculous.

Same with harbormaster. Some kind and industrial soul should start a 1.1 bugs/suggestions thread.

Just an FYI, I am still getting Japan asking for compass every turn.

well, neither this or the quest problem was mentioned in the changelist, hence they hadn't been fixed.

Strange that these 2 issues weren't fixed. I know they were mentioned many times in the bug forum. But since neither are really game breakers...

the updated manual indicates that up to 10 turns in spawning date are possible. isnt that a little bit unbalanced with some UHVs that are bound to dates? I'd think 5 - 10 turns should make quite some difference if you are required to have the largest empire or some tech/ religion founded.

not that I am good enough to even notice, but maybe some small factor could vary if spawn date varies also, like the amount of initial gold or in extreme cases a weak unit.

the updated manual indicates that up to 10 turns in spawning date are possible. isnt that a little bit unbalanced with some UHVs that are bound to dates? I'd think 5 - 10 turns should make quite some difference if you are required to have the largest empire or some tech/ religion founded.

not that I am good enough to even notice, but maybe some small factor could vary if spawn date varies also, like the amount of initial gold or in extreme cases a weak unit.

If you're concerned, stick with high earth likelihood, where the spawn dates aren't going to vary.

The Egypt diplomacy bug is still there, too. (You can't offer anything to Egypt, just ask for what they have.) It may be connected to the other diplomacy bug since Egypt is the first civ.

It is still not possible to select difficulty level, no matter which you choose, it's always monarch. You can only select difficulty levels wiht Egypt (not even with India/China/Babylon) :confused:

For some reason the change to the 2nd portuguese historical goal doesn't seem to be working. In a game with 13 remaining civs (12 + player) I had open borders with 9, yet it was reported as failed. Changing line 1211 in victory.py to if "(iCount >= 9):" resolved the issue. I don't know how to check what value was being stored in iTarget.

Breakthrough! I think I figured out the diplomacy bug, the Egypt diplomacy bug, and another suspected bug that had been bothering me (difficulty level).

When you set conditions or the game, you're not setting them for the human player. You're setting them for Egypt. Egypt is always counted as the human player, while the human player is considered an AI. This bugs diplomacy, and, when I was trying to play on Viceroy to test the game out, Egypt always founded religions before their intended founders because it was Egypt that was getting the bonuses of Viceroy, not my civ.

Why Egypt? They're player 1. I'm no great shakes at coding, but the solution would be either to set the human player to always be player 1 or to figure out how this coding is different from the way it works in default RFC, where the problem doesn't exist.

Interseting Verily. Still doesn't quite explain why you get it from other civs sometimes.

Top Bottom