V138 Feedback

Hawawaa

Prime
Hi first I want to say amazing work on the mod. I didn't think I could enjoy Civ 5 this much. I must be going crazy... :crazyeye: Also I want to say its crazy how fast you kick out updates. :goodjob:

Now for feedback...

I have other feedback but I want to play the game so maybe later... Keep up the great work! :)

1. Genghis Khan: In VEM, you get 50 alliance turns' worth of instant :c5food:Food, :c5culture:Culture, or :c5war:Units if you're the first to capture a City-State. (I'm not sure if subsequent conquerors do...) So Genghis gets 25% more, or 62.5 turns' worth of benefits, upon capturing a CS.

2. I believe it's 100:c5gold: per discovered NW, at least on normal speed. Less luck-based than vanilla.

3–5. I like those proposed difficulty descriptions. :) Maybe something like "Don't hurt me..." instead of "Cakewalk" though.

6. Yes, I've asked this question before. As Thal pointed out, you can simply go to Options on the Main Menu and move the tooltip timing slider to the left. :goodjob:

7, 8. One of the most annoying things about Vanilla is how the same blue symbol can mean either Friends with at least 60 Influence or Allies. Have you tried CivWillard though? It gives you access to highly customizable information screens that are interactive as well (i.e., click the Ivory icon next to France to go directly to the trade screen and ask Napoleon what he's willing to give up for it): check it out.

9. Yeah, the CS war notifications are terribly designed... although frankly, I'd rather Thal spend most of his time on gameplay issues, not UI ones. :p

wobuffet- Thanks and derp on 6. I think I like "don't hurt me" more. :)

I will try out CivWillard after this game. :goodjob:

I've now clarified the word "bonus" as "extra yields" for Mongolia's trait. :goodjob:

The reason for the vague Spanish national wonder phrasing is I intended to make the gold depend on our current era, so there wouldn't be a specific value to show. I ran into a problem and the task got delayed.

Thanks for the difficulty level descriptions. I wish I could get them to show up on the right-side tooltips too! I had a long discussion with Spatzimaus about it, and neither of us knows what's wrong. I think it's a cache issue.

Good idea about adding the X rival icon to citystate banners. I'm doing that now.

The notifications were coded very poorly, but I don't think we can change it. They're part of the user interface yet not handled in lua like most user interface elements. They're in the game core accessible only to Firaxis. I had an idea very similar to yours when I started modding, and it doesn't seem possible.

While you're at it, how much work would it be to have CSs' tooltips also tell us who's Friends with that CS, Thal?

If a lot of the AIs' success is thanks to CS friendships and alliances, as (at least) I suspect, this could help us diagnose the problem.

Feedback V141

OMG I just want everyone dead seriously 7 aggressive civs in this game (they can all burn in hell especially Alex) and gandi (hes fighting me for first so he can die too) and no iron (but my CS can cover me there.) I hope Gods and Kings does diplomacy justice...

Feedback yes...

Also when you upgrade units in cities they stay garrisoned too.

1. A back button should be easy.
  2. Ditto with auto-repair of improvements per era... do you mean for just AIs, or humans too?
  3. The linear upgrade paths are built into the database, so it would be difficult to make branching paths. I'm not sure I'd want to diverge this mod from vanilla in that area.
  4. Icebreaking barb ships are a good idea. At least some of the time they'd get un-stuck; other times they might wander deeper into the ice caps.
  5. Unit actions are very difficult to change without game core access (like how attacking/upgrading units un-garrison).
  6. Thanks for mentioning the Mausoleum wrap. I haven't seen wonder screens in a very long time. I can fix it rather easily for wonders with 6 lines of benefits... but do any wrap to 7 lines?

2. yep both humans and ai if possible.
6. I do believe there are other wonders that have the same problem, I will look for them. If anyone else spots them post the wonder in question please and thank ya. (Well if the wonder is 6 lines or more it breaks the wrap I am pretty sure on that...)

Hawawaa, good ideas all around :D

But about the warrior... I do feel the same way, without access to iron, it's very awkward to have all these heavily promoted warriors around doing nothing.

Alright more stuff...

v141 ya I need to get in the beta again stupid india breaks my CS with lots of gold in 300s not as bad as 1000 in older version...

Ok just a few ideas I want to throw your way (shot them down if I am crazy)...

1. Optics gives embarked units +1 line of sight, and navigation gives embarked units +1 move.

2. When workers are idle in cities (barbs all around or at war) they give the city a small bonus to production (either +1 hammer or small % like 5%) and that bonus grows a small amount each era.

3. Generals in cities give a small bonus to unit land military production 5% (each era bonus slowly grows) Also they give cities a small bonus to its range attack and defense value.

4. Great people while they are alive and your waiting to pop them they give tiny bonuses no matter where they are at.

Merchant- +1 culture, +2-4 gold and +1 happiness
Artist- +1 gold, +2-4 culture and +1 happiness
Engineer- +1 culture, +1 gold, and your capital gets +2-4 hammers (or a small % bonus to production at capital)
Scientist- +1 culture, +1 gold and +2-4 beakers (or a small % bonus to science at capital)

I'll try and do the CS queue and optics/navigation ideas, but they might be difficult to implement because I have no experience with those sort of changes.

I believe the great person idling bonuses would reduce the value of great tile improvements, which are already somewhat undervalued.

Could the buildings that the Great leader make scale as you reach new ages? Ya I also forgot that random events you have going also buff normal improvements too... which also doesn't help those special improvements...

I'm not crazy about the Optics/Navigation ideas. They seem like unnecessary freebies. Each of those techs has enough going for them.

Moar!

Ok one more swing at this then I'll stop beating a dead horse (sorry Bessy) What if scouts could keep their sight or have a small penalty to sight when embarked.

Ok one more swing at this then I'll stop beating a dead horse (sorry Bessy) What if scouts could keep their sight or have a small penalty to sight when embarked.

The reasoning for not having a large sight range for embarked units is so that you build ships to explore the seas instead. If you really want to jump in the ocean and start exploring with a larger sight range straight away, try the Polynesians.

Top Bottom