v2.7 - tech tree scrolling

Tech tree scrolling?

• Horizontal scrolling only - my mouse has only one wheel!

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Horizontal and vertical - I can handle 2 scroll bars!

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Who cares, I just want to play RoM!

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

zappara

Mod Designer
Long time ago when I was making this mod first to Warlords expansion, people complained about the tech tree as it was at that time scrolling both ways, horizontally and vertically and for Rise of Mankind 0.8 I had to squeeze it to horizontal format but this caused me to do some tech changes in order to fit the tech tree to such small space.

Now I'm asking that would it be such a bad thing if the tech tree was scrolling horizontally and vertically?

hi zap, i vote for the 1st option. I don't know what choice others may choose, but i can't get used to the vertical scrolling which is one of the reasons i don't play FFH:rolleyes:

Hi again I am not trying to hijack this thread. This may or may not be of any use. I do not know how many spaces vertically the techs are. But if you can squeeze them into less than 19 spaces vertically I made a python tech screen for that versus the standard 14.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8538

Anyway I am sorry if it does not help. I just wanted to let you know if you did not already.

Though it seems that the problem is solved with the new screen thanks to johny smith, I still made a vote. I chose the third option as indeed I didn't stop playing FfH because its tech tree has vertical scrolling. I can simply click the horizontal bar to scroll horizontally anyway.

Bottom line is, if a better tech tree arrangement (as in better for gameplay) would cause the cosmetic issue of a vertical scroll bar in the tech screen, I can totally live with such an issue.

I vote horizontal only, its just easier to deal with that way :)

I have now merged Johny Smith's python tweaks for Tech screen and it allows me now to put more techs vertically. There's no enough space to place couple new techs on all tech columns which means that in the whole tech tree there's 100+ new tech slots available - this allows me to organize techs in better order as well. So this poll is now kind of obsolete. :lol:

Top Bottom