v24 weird pathing

salmoxe

Chieftain
Using v24 downloaded about a week ago. Tried turning AI pathing on but has no effect. Units do not go directly into an adjacent tile in multiple situations. Units are also unnecessarily directed in and out of rival territory (while at peace with closed borders) while passing by. When this happens they won't move out of their initial tile until I move them one tile at a time through the problem area.

Here is an example of units not moving directly into an adjacent tile. The Ballista Elephant won't attack the city because it wants to move down a space and runs out of moves. Instead of razing the city I have to wait a turn and receive potential counter attack :crazyeye:

Attachments

• c2c v24 pathing.jpg
    c2c v24 pathing.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 52
Using v24 downloaded about a week ago. Tried turning AI pathing on but has no effect. Units do not go directly into an adjacent tile in multiple situations. Units are also unnecessarily directed in and out of rival territory (while at peace with closed borders) while passing by. When this happens they won't move out of their initial tile until I move them one tile at a time through the problem area.

Here is an example of units not moving directly into an adjacent tile. The Ballista Elephant won't attack the city because it wants to move down a space and runs out of moves. Instead of razing the city I have to wait a turn and receive potential counter attack :crazyeye:

v24 was uploaded today so I assume you mean v23.

When you see instances of this happening post a save game with the description. That way it is easier to figure out what is happening and fix things.

v24 was uploaded today so I assume you mean v23.

When you see instances of this happening post a save game with the description. That way it is easier to figure out what is happening and fix things.

that is true but also remember Koshling wont be getting to stuff like this until he is at least satisfied on the Viewpoints he is working on first, so it might be awhile. . .

Post illustrative save game with instructions on what move to attempt to reproduce the issue please.

Here is a save. It is v24 pre-release. Sorry didn't specify but I figured v24 would do. Both Ballista Elephants 14 and 15 move away from Vladivostok before attacking. Not attacking like this has happened to me a few times and over different games. Vladivostok is in North-Western area of the map. Ballista Elephants 14 and 15 are directly East and North-East of the city.

Anyways mod is really fun keep up the great work guys!

Also just realized I need 1 more attacker to take the city this turn, didn't notice the subdued camel.

Attachments

• 4.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Top Bottom