Vanishing Units

Terxpahseyton

Nobody
Alright, so first my units get angry and go on a killing spree, living cities undefended while equally angry enemy units approach. But with a little luck an skill, I get this finally under control.
But just so that a big share of my units suddenly vanish and likewise for my population. :lol: (but good am I happy that I didn't build any heroes yet). This game is giving me quit a ride right now.

Sorry if its a noob question, but what causes this? I received now message about it whatsoever.

You should provide more information when asking questions. If you hit 100 AC it kills a lot of living units and population.

You should provide more information when asking questions. If you hit 100 AC it kills a lot of living units and population.
There we go, thanks :)
More info? If there are any more possibilities that a lot of units and pop is killed, tell me right now! So I can brace myself.

Armageddon can happen more than once IIRC. If the AC dips below 100 and then hits 100 again then all the death happens once more.

Blight: Death damage to all living units (iirc this can kill units, although units at full health rarely die from it), :yuck: in all cities (does not directly kill population, but can cause population to starve in the following turns).
Divine Retribution: Mercurian Worldspell; deals damage to all Demon and Undead units (and can kill them). (Does not affect population.)
Raging Seas: Lanun Worldspell; deals cold damage to all non-Lanun units in or adjacent to water tiles (this can kill even fully healed units, and wounded units are especially vulnerable), and has a chance to destroy non-Lanun improvements in or adjacent to water tiles (population is not directly damaged, but starvation can result in population decreases).
River of Blood: Calabim Worldspell; -2 population in all non-Calabim cities size 3 or larger, +2 population in all Calabim cities. (Does not damage units.)
Worldbreak: Sheaim Worldspell; Damages units in non-Sheaim cities and has a chance to destroy each improvement in non-Sheaim cities (damage and destruction is based on the current AC).

Note that although some of these effects do not both lower population and kill units, it is always possible that some combination of them has occurred.

Normally AC100 has 3 effects :
-kills some population,
-summon the avatar of Wrath,
-summons/convert some living units (30%-60% ?) from all over the world to the Avatar of Wrath's cause.
In this way, Mercurians, Hyborem and the luirchips have less to lose from armaggedon as the have few or no living fighting units.
This would explain both your population loss and your missing units.

Normally AC100 has 3 effects :
-kills some population,
-summon the avatar of Wrath,
-summons/convert some living units (30%-60% ?) from all over the world to the Avatar of Wrath's cause.
In this way, Mercurians, Hyborem and the luirchips have less to lose from armaggedon as the have few or no living fighting units.
This would explain both your population loss and your missing units.

Add Sheaim to that list of civs that handled high AC well, as many of their troops are undead and demon. With their Planar Gates even if they lose some of their living troops they can regain them quickly from the Planar gates, particularly as that process is enhanced with the high AC value. They could even destroy some of their living troops just before AC100 to stop them converting, secure in the knowledge they will soon come back for free.

I've noticed in my game, and read in the FfH manual, that there is a random event bug that causes units to vanish:

"At about turn 100, you should have two and one of them should be
above 60 experience. Hopefully, you haven’t lost one (there’s an annoying random event bug that can do that)." (pg 5)

Can anyone confirm this, and maybe offer a work-around/solution? I have the o patch installed. I'm at turn 26 of the game and have the AC disabled.

I'm not sure if that bug is still around. There have been a lot of patches since that manual was written, so I suspect that Kaael got it. But unfortunately, I can't swear to it.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom