Various Buildings

Yea, but those are classified for now, so they do not count here.
:hide:

Don't forget Refar, if you want to create a cityset, you must have onely one texuture. That means that all your houses, saloons, bank etc. that will compose your cityset all need to be on the same texture map. Habitualy, city set are 1024 textures (I think, i'm not sure).

They are using different sizes - i have seen 256", 512x256 and 512". Was thinking of using 512" myself - should be more than enought.

I had no workflow planed out so far - but since its rather easy to rewrap those low-poly textures from one map into another, i think i will just make a couple of buildigs first - then stick the ones i like into one file, and then make some additional simple filler buildings that would reuse the textures that are already there.

Where i am somewhat lost is - how to export it properly - i looked into some of the stock city sets, and there are strage nodes apparently referring to the LSystem leaves....

Are these Dummies ? or Bones ? How do you guys export a city set ? Od just export separate buildings und use nif-scope to assemble it ?

I'll try Wolfshanze's: 1.85 (interface .52)

But since we got those numbers and he has tested more, I'd say stay with te cathedral for modeling since we already figured it out.
I don't know if that works across the board, but it works well for the AlteOper House... I noticed Refar recomended differant scales for all the Opera buildings, but I've only tested the AlteOper.

They did not all have the same basic shape, so i used different buildings for scaling - hence the different size/lsystem suggestions. I hope those might be more accurate...

In short, I vouch that the 1.85/.52 scale looks good in-game for the AlteOper House, because I've tested it out thoroughly and checked it with various other special buildings and wonders (I thought Refar's recommended scale of 1.5 for AlteOper was a bit small once a city filled-out)... I know Refar has recommended various scales for various buildings, and I have not tested the others, so I only vouch for the one scale I did test to be pretty good in-game.

Refar finished the AlteOper on a special request by me, so I felt obligated to give it the best look/size I could in-game!

They are using different sizes - i have seen 256", 512x256 and 512". Was thinking of using 512" myself - should be more than enought.

I had no workflow planed out so far - but since its rather easy to rewrap those low-poly textures from one map into another, i think i will just make a couple of buildigs first - then stick the ones i like into one file, and then make some additional simple filler buildings that would reuse the textures that are already there.

Where i am somewhat lost is - how to export it properly - i looked into some of the stock city sets, and there are strage nodes apparently referring to the LSystem leaves....

Are these Dummies ? or Bones ? How do you guys export a city set ? Od just export separate buildings und use nif-scope to assemble it ?

Personally, I only replace the buldings (and the shadows when I do not feel too lazy) in nifskope. However, if you manage to do it in max with a clean export, it will probably be faster like this.

Refar, wonderful theatres! Good enough to be a great wonder!

I decided to make a few little movies for these theatres. You can find them in the download DB under "Audio & Video".

Link:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9570

I hope you like them.

Modders may use them freely in their mods ofcourse. :)

Those movies are very impressive. :thanx:

Well I made one of the Theatres a Unique Building for Austria (Opera House)... I don't get to use a movie for a UB! :sad:

@Wolfschanze:
I think you could... All buildings have that <MovieDefineTag> Tag, so in theory you could give a movie to any building i think.

I imagine it quite annoying, if a movie pops up every time you build a Granary... A UB however might be bearable.

Personally i was thinking of using those "big" theaters as flavour replacemnts for the Hermitage (well.. not the Bolshoi i guess, so it's still free for a wonder :lol:).
On a National Wonder a movie would be not too annoying.

Edit: @Arian - Alamo i made to a request - so i am not sure if a movie is needed there. I think it is not going to be a wonder.
At any rate, you are very welcome, to keep lurking here ;) - perhaps among the future buildings there will be something worth making a movie again :D

If I make a movie for the Alamo or whatever building/project the movie may be included in any mod so it's up to a modmaker to use the movie or not ;)

And as I said it's just fun making those movies!! :)

Personally i was thinking of using those "big" theaters as flavour replacemnts for the Hermitage (well.. not the Bolshoi i guess, so it's still free for a wonder :lol:).
Yeah, but the Hermitage is a museum like the Louvre... it's not an Opera House. Two totally different things.

I don't think you can do "flavor buildings" unless you start getting real nit-picky with the ethnic citysets (German instead of European for instance). Isn't that how it works? That would seem to be a lot of work just for one ethnic national wonder.

As much as I'd like to use the Opera House movie, as it is in my Wolfshanze Mod, Austria uses the Opera has a UB to replace the Theatre... I dunno about you guys, but I tend to build theatres in almost every city... so I think a movie for every Austrian UB could get annoying! :crazyeye:

As much as I'd like to use the Opera House movie, as it is in my Wolfshanze Mod, Austria uses the Opera has a UB to replace the Theatre... I dunno about you guys, but I tend to build theatres in almost every city... so I think a movie for every Austrian UB could get annoying! :crazyeye:

That sure must be annoying! :lol:

hmm. good point I made the hermitage a russia specific natl wonder and then made a generic building called National Museum (though it still uses the the hermitage graphic) in my personal mod.

Whenever you feel like it could you do some museums? guggenheim, smithsonian, louvre...

Yeah, but the Hermitage is a museum like the Louvre... it's not an Opera House. Two totally different things.

Hermitage is a culture booster.
Theatre is a culture booster.
Some Nations can keep Museums as they Culture National Wonder other (where i have the Art for) can get Theatres - it's what flavour is about.

I don't think you can do "flavor buildings" unless you start getting real nit-picky with the ethnic citysets (German instead of European for instance). Isn't that how it works? That would seem to be a lot of work just for one ethnic national wonder.

There is a Cultural Diversity City Mod from GeoModder, that could be used as base. For my personal use i was planning to go the dirty shortcut - just hack the building in the XML and give it to the Civ in question as another UB.

Top Bottom