Various Thoughts From Game on Most Recent Patch

I second this. We need a CrazyG tradition deity photojournal/video! 😄
I could do another one if you want. Particular civ in mind?

BTW if anyone reading this can make a progress deity photojournal I'd appreciate it, because I cannot make it work at all haha.

Not sure if this is the correct thread, sorry - but I just installed the base level (core?) Community Patch and now I don't see the grey/white tile recommendations for settlers and workers. Is that by design? I actually like it for workers so I wouldn't have to hover over everything to see if I could improve it or not (based on my tech level). If anyone knows how to get these back (maybe installing the next level up of the CP?)

Thanks

BTW if anyone reading this can make a progress deity photojournal I'd appreciate it, because I cannot make it work at all haha.
I've always liked a good Arabia tradition>artistry game, but maybe there is some other interesting tradition oriented civ?

Maybe a tradition>statecraft game, like tradition Germany/Siam? Or tradition Morocco. I think it would be interesting, i have never personally tried tradition>statecraft. It's up to you 😄

Also would be nice if you explain in detail your decisions, or if you have any special tips & tricks on Deity 😄

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the correct thread, sorry - but I just installed the base level (core?) Community Patch and now I don't see the grey/white tile recommendations for settlers and workers. Is that by design? I actually like it for workers so I wouldn't have to hover over everything to see if I could improve it or not (based on my tech level). If anyone knows how to get these back (maybe installing the next level up of the CP?)

Thanks
You can find these as options in the game menu.

Egypt. I need to see tradition Egypt at work because it feels like the kit (with 4UC) is split in what it wants you to do with them

You can find these as options in the game menu.
Yeah, I saw the toggle option for this in the game settings/options, but it doesn't work. I toggled it both on and off and nothing. I wonder if it's broken in this latest patch? Thanks

Edit: it's something else - I ran the game in vanilla mode, same issue. This after I uninstalled and reinstalled. I did not manually delete any mod folders, though, and those were visible as options when I reinstalled.

Dang it...I really miss those stupid icons for some reason! :D Any suggestions? I know this is a weird, probably unique problem.

I've always liked a good Arabia tradition>artistry game, but maybe there is some other interesting tradition oriented civ?

Maybe a tradition>statecraft game, like tradition Germany/Siam? Or tradition Morocco. I think it would be interesting, i have never personally tried tradition>statecraft. It's up to you 😄

Also would be nice if you explain in detail your decisions, or if you have any special tips & tricks on Deity 😄
I'd probably still pick Artistry as Siam. Tradition-Artistry is just strong to pass up; on this patch tourism is so much easier than a diplomatic win. This is why I support changes mentioned in other threads.

Egypt. I need to see tradition Egypt at work because it feels like the kit (with 4UC) is split in what it wants you to do with them
I don't play with 4UC. But I looked at the new Egyptian options and don't see why they would push you away from tradition. The bonus lancer is probably fun to use but overall won't change much. That stronger watermill however is a sweet bonus in a tall capital.

tried Poland and the above what Crazy G did above.. turn 300 with just 3 cities standard size standard speed cheiftain tourism victory, ive re-loaded the save now im gonna see what turn i get a science victory!

Would be interesting to do another comparison with same start of tradition vs progress.

I want to see this 3 city tradition survival on deity (no island by yourself though, that's cheating ;)

I don't play with 4UC. But I looked at the new Egyptian options and don't see why they would push you away from tradition. The bonus lancer is probably fun to use but overall won't change much. That stronger watermill however is a sweet bonus in a tall capital.
That's fair. I always end up making a lot of war chariots to try and maximize the unit but that delays infrastructure, so I feel often think going authority might've been better. But if I don't build the army early, particularly in version 2.7 I get DOWed.

I'd probably still pick Artistry as Siam. Tradition-Artistry is just strong to pass up; on this patch tourism is so much easier than a diplomatic win. This is why I support changes mentioned in other threads.
Ah i see, well Siam/Morocco/india would perhaps be cool

I'll play Ethiopia if you set it up
8 player pangea. No ruins, no tech trading no events. Everything should be pretty normal.

1665347487238.png

Attachments

• Haile Selassie_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    260.3 KB · Views: 9
If someone can check to see if the save works and I haven't messed up somehow that would be useful. I'll make a thread for this and obviously anyone can paly like normal.

tried Poland and the above what Crazy G did above.. turn 300 with just 3 cities standard size standard speed cheiftain tourism victory, ive re-loaded the save now im gonna see what turn i get a science victory!

it took 130+ turns to win at science i was probably a few turns from a diplo victory too - i think the science is off slighty won at science at 442 i dont know if it needs to be adjusted something also interesting is that happiness is still a little off went on a military rampage cos I was bored Puppeting and razing one or two cities my happiness was borked i had 240+ happiness to 170-180 at times but wasnt conquering that badly

Top Bottom