Version 2.6 released!

Tholal

Emperor
Version 2.6 has been released. It can be downloaded at the usual spot.

List of changes follows:

Bugfixes
  • Fix for a potential crash related to the Taunt spell
  • Units with the Loyalty promotion will now be killed rather than captured via the Domination spell (fix for [bugs:#242]); text messages for Domination spell will now include the unit's name
  • Fix for players not receiving Disciple units when discovering religions
  • Fix for potential crash in the Revolutions code (bug find and fix by MC)
  • Gifting units with the FreePromotionPick tag will no longer give the units extra promotions (fix by flgr)
  • Fix for cities with UnhappyProduction ending up with negative production (fix by fe79 and Terkhen)
  • Fix for Bonuses from the Stigmata promotion not appearing in the combat odds
  • Fix for Terraformers not using Vitalize or Sanctify
  • Fix for an OOS caused when casting Hyborem's Whisper (code by Terkhen)
  • fix for AI reconsidering War too often, especially when the civs viewed each other favorably (this "feature" is now part of the Aggressive AI option) (bug find by lfgr)
  • Vassals will no longer refuse Open Borders agreements with their Master

Game Tweaks
  • Rebels have an increased chance of capturing buildings when they take cities from players they are rebelling against
  • Rebase range has been increased to airRange() * 3
  • Included modified versions of Jean Elcard's Extended End of Winter and TC01's Better Blizzards
    • Enhanced End of Winter (seen when using the End of Winter game option)
      • Seas will be coated with temporary ice
      • Features such as forests may be temporarily altered to colder climate versions
      • Bonuses that aren't appropriate for the temporary terrain will be hidden until the terrain warms up. Sometimes they will be replaced with colder climate bonuses
      • Lands closer to the equator will thaw out first
    • Better Blizzzards
      • Blizzards will now move around
      • Blizzards will convert terrain into Snow and Tundra
      • Blizzards can move on water and peak tiles
      • Blizzards can randomly spawn from ice tiles
      • Blizzards will be more common and last longer in Illian lands

AI
  • Patrol units will no longer start wars
  • Added some python code to help the AI build Temples of the Hand
  • Increased the Power rating of Hyborem and Basium
  • Tweaks to how the AI values wars; AI less likely to start warplans with players with whom they have good relations (unless the Aggressive AI option is selected)
  • Tweaks to how the AI values ending a war
  • Removed some restrictions that were artificially forcing the AI to separate their cities
  • AI now has a better understanding of when cities need Culture buildings
  • Tweaks to how the AI values Religions
  • Minor improvements to the Terraforming code
  • AI cities more likely to build units if there is danger nearby
  • Fallow civs discouraged from constructing health buildings and buildings that keep food after population growth

Code / UI
  • Tech details will now display into about any bonuses unlocked
  • Added a pythonHelp tag to SpellInfos (code by lfgr)
  • Enabled the isDisallowsInquisitions tag for CivicInfos
  • Exposed getSanctuaryTimer to python
  • Updated to Enhanced Worldbuilder v4.10
  • New tags for PromotionInfos.xls
    • <bBlocksUpgrades>
    • <bBlocksGifting>
  • New C++ functions (functions in green are exposed to python)
    • CvPlayer::countNumOwnedHills()
    • CvPlayer::countNumOwnedRiverSide()
    • CvPlayer::countNumAvailablePlotsForImprovement(ImprovementTypes eImprovement)
    • CvPlot::FeatureTypes getRealFeatureType() const;
    • CvPlot::getRealFeatureVariety() const;
    • CvPlot::getRealBonusType() const;
    • CvPlot::setRealFeatureType(FeatureTypes eFeature);
    • CvPlot::setRealFeatureVariety(int iVariety);
    • CvPlot::setRealBonusType(BonusTypes eBonus);
    • CvPlot::setTempFeatureType(FeatureTypes eFeature, int iVariety, int iTimer);
    • CvPlot::setTempBonusType(BonusTypes eBonus, int iTimer);
    • CvPlot::getTempFeatureTimer() const;
    • CvPlot::getTempBonusTimer() const;
    • CvPlot::changeTempFeatureTimer(int iChange);
    • CvPlot::changeTempBonusTimer(int iChange);
    • CvPlot::isHasTempTerrain();
    • CvPlot::isHasTempFeature();
    • CvPlot::isHasTempBonus();

Question - why did you move a lot of code out of CvEventManager.py in v2.6 compared to v2.5? V2.6 = 872 lines long, v2.5 (inc my code) = 4145 lines long!

Some things I've noticed that might affect my scenario (which uses your MNAI mod):
V2.5:
# globals
cf = CustomFunctions.CustomFunctions()
gc = CyGlobalContext()
localText = CyTranslator()
PyPlayer = PyHelpers.PyPlayer
PyInfo = PyHelpers.PyInfo
sf = ScenarioFunctions.ScenarioFunctions()
game = gc.getGame()
V2.6:
gc = CyGlobalContext()
localText = CyTranslator()
PyPlayer = PyHelpers.PyPlayer
PyInfo = PyHelpers.PyInfo

sf.[stuff] is referenced often in v2.5 (I used it for easy popup texts but I might change popup methods later anyway...)
[e.g. sf.addPopupWB(CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_WB_ELOHIM_SCENARIO_INTRO",()), 'art/interface/popups/Blood of Angels.dds')]

BadPlayer: You must have used wrong files. In 2.53, CvEventManager is 3004 lines long, while in 2.6, CvEventManager is 3057 lines long. From what I saw while doing the merge for my mod, the addition of the new Blizzards code, the Hyborem Whisper fix and some world editor related changes increased the line count, while a refactor of the code that grants magic sphere promotions to units while they are created reduced the line count a lot (that refactor is an awesome idea, by the way :) ). If you are facing complicated merges such as this one, I suggest that you use some tool that can handle three-way merges such as kdiff3 or you are bound to lose something in the merge.

Tholal: It's not something very important, but while I was checking this I noticed that the 2.6 download is missing from the sourceforge page.

OK so there's something wrong with my v2.6 CvEventManager.py. I kept my modified version and I reinstalled FFH2 MNAI from scratch again.
1) Install FFH2 0.41n
2) Install FFH2 0.41o patch
N.B. The FFH2 shortcut has a bad target/path and I have to fix this after everything is installed.
3) Install FFH2 media pack
4) Install MNAI v2.6

That time v2.6 CvEventManager gave me the 3057 lines long file! :)
It's so weird that I had a faulty install before - it was definitely MNAI v2.6 because I played it and I have the file (with my added code) which shows it is FFH2!!!

Top Bottom