1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Very small Tech tree/Unit thing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Final Frontier Plus' started by JJ Mirradian, Feb 7, 2013.

1. JJ Mirradian

JJ Mirradian Chieftain

Hi. I'm new to the forums but am a huge FF fan so I thought I'd join. I downloaded the FF+ mod and have to say it's great. But there is one thing that I think about sometimes and just thought I would point it out. (Don't know if this has already been discussed but I didn't see anything about it posted previously.)

This isn't really anything to complain about, I'm just blowing smoke really, but if you look under the tech tree the Delta Bombers become available through Space Elevator and Delta Stealth Ships become available through Squadron Focus. Now to me anyway, it would seem you would want to flip those two around so the new squadron comes with the squadron tech.

Ordinarily I would say that Shafer just decided to make the game work that way. But in original FF if you read Sid's Tips when your asked what tech you want to research next, the tips actually say that Squadron Focus enables Delta Bomber Squadrons and Space Elevator enable Delta Stealth Ships.

Well, anyway, it's just something I'd thought I'd point out. Honestly I would just fix it myself for my version of FF+ and not say anything, but I don't know the first thing about python or modding and maybe someone else feels the same way.

Love the Mod either way, thanks so much for making it, guys.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

Actually, I think it should be a simple XML-change. I just checked in UnitInfos and simply switching the prereqtech of UNITCLASS_SPACE_BOMBER_II and UNITCLASS_STEALTH_SHIP_II should do the trick, although I´m not sure whether that change also applys to the Paradise UU.