Vichy France

Skibbi

Prince
If I remember, Vichy France was at war with the Allies and it should be, when you capture Paris, it ends Vichy France!

Vichy was not at war with the allies, even if there was military operations against French colonies under Vichy control.

And Paris was never part of Vichy France, it's government center was... Vichy ;)

Vichy France is in the game and is created when Paris is captured on the 1936 America/Europe and 1939-1945 Europe scenarios (if you use the "Allow scripted events" option)

My reason for liberating Paris ending Vichy is that the Vichy government ended after the invasion.

ho, yes, sorry, I though you were talking of capturing Paris playing as Germany.

What's planned is to have Vichy territory being given to Germany (or Italy, whoever controls Paris) when the allies set foot on french colonies in north Africa, or on any part of Vichy territory.

edit: And I agree, liberating Paris should liberate Vichy territory and also make french colonies to rally the allies side.

And I agree, liberating Paris should liberate Vichy tertitory and also make french colonies to rally the allies side.
Yeah, it was kind of irritating having Algeria declare war on me all of a sudden!

Is there an option to change the way of these events? I mean, from the occupiers view: when you build Courthouses in these citiesthey shall not be given to another player just by event. When cities are just occupied and nothing has been built there, than they are just losely integrated and poorly conrtolled cities. But when they have something like a corrthouse, radiotower etc. they are under (nearly full) controll. Also on scripted events i conquered whole of poland as russia but Warsaw at last and all of a sudden i lose half of the cities to nazis that haven't even set a foot on polish territory... This feels "wrong".

So what i want to give into account is a possibility for "owners" of the city to prevent to lose them on default.

I plan to add an option to allow one the occupier (if human) to reject the event with a message like "Do you want to respect the Molotov–Ribbentrop pact ?" or "Do you want to reject the armistice condition presented by Germany/Italy to France ?", but I haven't started codding it yet.

Also, you need to spawn closed borders in the area of Vichy France, I escaped to it as England!

Top Bottom