Victory conditions: ALL or ONE

CaptainPatch

Lifelong gamer
It strikes me as peculiar that unlike every other Civ-based game, a player must -- make that MUST choose between activating all VCs, or pick just one category. In my case, it seems that the AI is slow about building Wonders (despite the benefits that each provides). This allows me to, though I usually have the smallest empire, to win with a Wonder Victory every time. I'm kind of tired with these easy wins, and I'd like to see which other Victory develops first if Wonders was removed from the mix. But that is NOT an option. I like the openness of having multiple Victory types, but I would rather just eliminate one from the mix rather than being forced to choose ONE type.

Make one "complaints and grievances" thread.
I considered doing that, but I've seen entire topics get lost when ONE thread contains numerous diverse subjects. I'm not posting these just to vent irritation. Rather, I'm hoping that these things will get adjusted by a future patch or update. It's too easy to lose sight of several items when the thread is a conglomeration of "Twenty Things About This Game That Bug Me."

[The best thing to do imho, is to create some sub-forums for Starships, the same as for all of the other Civ-based games. Bug Reports, After Action Reports, Design Change Suggestions, etc.]

If you have not noticed yet, the victory conditions only affect the player. The AI by design is allowed to win by ANY of the victory conditions. Try a large / hard map with domination as your victory condition, good luck. As the AI conquers each other they rapidly win by population or wonder. I just heard that EPIC removes the empire capitulation from conquering a homeworld... I'm hoping this gives me more time to try a get a domination victory.

Top Bottom