Visa ModPack 2.10 on Linux

HellBoyz77

Chieftain
ViSa ModPack 2.10

This is my experience with the installation of Visa Modpack 2.10 on Linux, with Civilization IV Warlords installed with Cedega.

Considering that ViSa ModPack don't come, until now, in a zip format, problem can occur when you try to install it using the installer. In my case, the installation fails under Cedega, because the Windows Installer don't find the correct link to the tmp folder.

I assume that you have already installed Civilization IV and Warlords with 2.08 Patch into Cedega and that you have the latest version of Wine on your pc.
If this is your case, you have already installed Windows Installer 2.0 under Cedega, otherwhise you had to download it from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=CEBBACD8-C094-4255-B702-DE3BB768148F and install it in Wine,
If you don't have yet installed Civilization IV follow this wiki http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/Civilization_IV and apply it also for Warlords expansions and 2.08 patch.

Now you can download Visa ModPack 2.00 and the patch 2.10 and follow this simple step:

1. Using Win98 setting under Wine, launch the installer of Visa ModPack and follow the instructions. The installer put all the stuff in you Home folder under the subfolder Mods.
2. Cut all the stuff in this folder and paste it in your My Games/Warlords/Mods directory. This can change user by user, so check yourself where you have
3. Unpack the patch in My Games/Warlords/Mods/Visa.

That's all. It will be more simple if the mod be distributed in a zip file, but the developers are working on that.

Interface that not appear

Download the registry key fix, open the .reg file with text editor and copy the registry entry.
Now under .cedega, open the Game Folder, you will find system.reg. Open it with text editor and past entry at the bottom of the file, deleting the string before "Software".

Visa ModPack 3.0 or later

Whit this version i experienced problem with Windows Installer, is necessary the 3.0 version on higher. I tried to install 3.0 under Wine but the installation fails, maybe someone can fix this and test the new version of Visa (2.13 warlords patch required)

This test has been made on Ubuntu 7.04 with recompiled vanilla kernel and nvidia driver not built in the distribution.

Note for the developer

First of all congratulation for the awesome work, this is my favoured mods, without it i will stop playing civilization.

Second thing, maybe you can distribute you mod in .zip format also, so people without Windows can install it more easily. Thank you.

Nice info....if there is more requests, I could put up a special ZIP on my personal website.

Nice info....if there is more requests, I could put up a special ZIP on my personal website.

Maybe i can ask if you can make a zip file for the latest version of Visa so i can play with it?

Later i will post this tutorial on Ubuntu forums, so this news gain more visibility for linux gamers.

Thank you!

Top Bottom