Vote for Civilization PodCast!

Last month, the call went out to help nominate PolyCast for the 2008 Podcast Award in both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories. On October 19, the Top 10 nominees in those and other categories were announced. The result: PolyCast is one of the Top 10 nominees in both categories! :cooool:

Between October 23rd-November 6th, 2008 23:59 Hawaiian Standard Time, vote for PolyCast in both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories every day; for complete details, see the rules of voting. Be certain to include your name and a valid email address to ensure the validity of your vote.

I'm going to be brutally honest and say that I can't stand polycast. I voted for 1UP Yours

I'm going to be brutally honest and say that I can't stand polycast. I voted for 1UP Yours
What did you vote for in "Best Produced" then? :mischief::D

Out of curiosity, why don't you like PolyCast? :undecide: We are always open to constructive criticism.

Nearing the halfway point of this voting period, please note the following update posted on the Podcast Awards website earlier today, most notably the one on the daily vote cycle change:

Voting will start resetting at midnight MST today versus being on a rotating 24hr cycle. Also voting has been intense with over 170,000 people voting each day. Average number of categories being voted on by each voter is 14. Competition is neck and neck across all categories.

PolyCast supporters, please continue voting for the show in both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories every day... or start now if you haven't (or start again if you've stopped). Thanks again for your continued support! :cool:

Based on an update on the Podcast Awards website today, we will know this Sunday at 9PM EST (4PM PST) whether or not PolyCast is the winner in the "Gaming" category. It will be sometime in December before we know the outcome of the "Best Produced" category -- the date will be determined once it is known when they will have the finished trophies on hand.

If you've voted for the show today, there is just one more day to go! :)

Thanks to all who cast their ballots for PolyCast in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories anywhere from once to every day during the two-week voting period which ended yesterday. :cool:

See my recent related post on where the process goes from here.

PolyCast was not the winner in the "Gaming" category -- that went to The Instance, a World of Warcraft podcast. Nevertheless, we certainly didn't hand the win to them... and neither did the other eight shows in the category.

Even if we haven't won "Best Produced" when that's announced early next month, we did what we collectively could to put in a good showing. Ultimately, as I said before and will say again, PolyCast was successfully nominated in both categories in the first place and this was our first year trying to be nominated even! As was stated during the category announcements today (see podcastawards.com for that full slate), there was in excess of 1700(!) shows nominated this year.

I'll update in this thread yet again when I learn the exact date and time of when the outcome of the "Best Produced" race, along with "People's Choice", is to be announced. The video of the other category winner announcements today is archived on the awards' homepage for on-demand viewing.

Top Bottom