Vote - What Type Of Gameworld Setting

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
VOTE - WHAT TYPE OF GAMEWORLD SETTING

There has been no discussion on this so far, which I think is fair to bring up now.

Since there is disagreements or differing views on how fast the gameworld will proceed in this game, we need to make sure the game stabilizes at a certain point. One rule is carved out in stone, there will be only one national budget per game year. So if we go for option 1, we will see the national budget next time September 2008, for option 2, the national budget next time is December 2007. For option 3, there will be a national budget to spend for the next prime minister as well October 1. Impacts of policies will be handled the same way, the gameworld will only see the result of the policies by the gameworld pace.

1. One real world month is the same as one game world month

(National Budget 12 real months from now, not to be handled again before September 2008)
We can use contemporary events, but no long term project can be conducted.

2. One real world month is the same as one game world quarter

We can use quarterly adjustment of government spending, as well as a stronger focus on appropriation bills. However, after a month, we need to leave the event horizon of our own universe, but can still utilize a series of developments and threads closely to our own universe.

3. One real world month is the same as one game world year

We can make national budgets per month, and see the effects of long term policies, but we cannot utilize real world events.

4. Busting Hyper-reality

We shorten long term events and lengthen short term events, and do not worry much about the passing of time per term. More abstracted. We cannot make national budgets that lasts in definitive time slots, but can move events back and forth.

Please vote what you would like, and we adapt accordingly.

Make a discussion then vote, provo, don't just vote with a bunch of cruddy options.

The best way to do this is to draw out short term things (like debates and decisions to go to war) and compress long term things (like the effects of economic decisions). Trying to go on an exact time scale is stupid.

You think it is stupid, maybe. You should have done this long ago, not coming here in the last minute following the elections and budgeting. You refused help, and made this game drift, and several players would like this game to move on.
We were frustrated since we had nothing to work with, so we decided to make this change.

This is well reasoned and thought out.

I actually did post this long ago. I'm sorry if you didn't catch it.

Well, you should have organized some threads and been present. Invisible GMs is not the way to do it. Some of us also disagree on that way to handle events.

Option 3 please.

Option 2 please

Option 3.

10 char

Option 3!!!!!

I love how it's blamed on me. Mature Provo, real mature. How about you stop putting your personal bias, in case you didn't notice, you're GM now, I'm a player.

Option 1.

This tentative vote is now CLOSED, please observe the OFFICIAL VOTE - GAMEWORLD TIME

Top Bottom