VVV question?

snarzberry

Emperor
So let me get this straight.

In order to complete this VVV challenge am I correct in saying that you have to submit a winning game with each of the 19 leaders and in those games must be wins including every difficulty level, every win condition, every map type and every speed setting?

Or is there more to it?

So let me get this straight.

In order to complete this VVV challenge am I correct in saying that you have to submit a winning game with each of the 19 leaders and in those games must be wins including every difficulty level, every win condition, every map type and every speed setting?

Or is there more to it?

Basically this is correct. You can submit more than the bare minimum 19 games though. Once you have submitted games that have included every difficulty, speed, leader, map type and size you have achieved VVV!!

Thanks mate, so why is it needed to change the number of auto saves to 1200? In the marathon game who's going to opt for time victory? No thanks, that'll be a domination game for all but complete nutters and masochists.

These rules imply that a player can get the vvv by playing a single deity game in amongst those 19 submitted games and they can choose in what type of game that is. Duel tiny deity? And then they could play no other deity games for the rest of the challenge. This is not much of an achievement IMO.

It kind of bothers me all the different game lengths and map sizes. I think it would be better to just focus on standard, standard and vary the leaders, difficulty levels, map types and win conditions.

The problem I see is that it's not going to be that much of an achievement as a person could complete this challenge, with some dedication, even though they can't beat deity standard-everything games.

The problem I see is that it's not going to be that much of an achievement as a person could complete this challenge, with some dedication, even though they can't beat deity standard-everything games.
To get 9 points (gold medal) u have to beat 5 player so the challenge is not the level (settler, warlord Deity etc) the challenge is to be the best player regardless of settings. my VVV is complete but the hunt for points has just started.

Getting the VVV isn't really that hard if you put in the time, but it does show that you can play any leader, difficulty, etc. What it doesn't show (which is what the Overall is for) is how good you are at it.

From my understanding, there's a table for every combination of the leaders, speeds, sizes, difficulties, and map type. That comes down to a lot of combinations to master really.

Cultural Deity Duel as Germany vs France on Tiny Islands? Anyone?

Cultural Deity Duel as Germany vs France on Tiny Islands? Anyone?

I'm having issues with getting Cultural Immortal Tiny as France on Tiny Islands... Last night I finished the Utopia Project 2 turns before Elizabeth was going to Diplomacy Win. Perhaps I'll try those settings tonight and see what happens...

So the VVV is the Civ V equivalent of the Civ IV Quattromaster? (or at least sort of?)

Getting the VVV isn't really that hard if you put in the time, but it does show that you can play any leader, difficulty, etc. What it doesn't show (which is what the Overall is for) is how good you are at it.

The real test is where you are ranked in the VVV tables. It isn't a hard thing to achieve but will be hard to be in the top rankings.

Done the easy way, the VVV will stand for Valencay, Venaco, Vignotte! :lol: :mischief:

(google away! ;))

dV

The real test is where you are ranked in the VVV tables. It isn't a hard thing to achieve but will be hard to be in the top rankings.

am i correct that only games with the exact same conditions are compared?

so same leader (19), map type (12), speed (4), size (6), win condition (5) and difficulty (8)
218880 possible combinations?

it seems like only gauntlet games are going to end up with a lot of comparisons.

am i correct that only games with the exact same conditions are compared?

so same leader (19), map type (12), speed (4), size (6), win condition (5) and difficulty (8)
218880 possible combinations?

it seems like only gauntlet games are going to end up with a lot of comparisons.
I guess so and there most be at least two submission per settings to get 1 point (4 for 4 points and 6 for 9 points). In CIV IV u got maximum points (200) when submitting a game with settings for a empty spot, this is not the case in Civ V.

maximum VVV points is 2188880 * 9 = 1 969 920 points... :p

I guess so and there most be at least two submission per settings to get 1 point (4 for 4 points and 6 for 9 points). In CIV IV u got maximum points (200) when submitting a game with settings for a empty spot, this is not the case in Civ V.
Even worse, it is probably two submissions per setting NOT by the same person ... :( (do we know the ruling on this?)

dV

Even worse, it is probably two submissions per setting NOT by the same person ... :( (do we know the ruling on this?)

dV
worse? It's good ;) I have zero poins so far, 26 published games (unique settings every game). Since there has only been one HOF update the no of games per settings is zero. But I guess most people have been playing on dual maps and after 15 Mars I have been playing games that are already in HOF table to ensure I'm not playing unique settings and HOF update on Friday will hopefully give my some points.

worse? It's good ;)
Worse in that points will be harder to come by. Good, I agree, because then we have to be more than "self made men". :lol: We actually will have to be better than someone else. ;)

Now I need someone to take up the Settler, Duel, Pangea, Quick Domination Challenge ... :mischief:

(aka Find 'em, Build 'em, Walk 'em, Kill 'em)

I've got a 29 turn effort ... ;)

dV

Top Bottom