Wait, everyone declares war on me simultaneously when I start the Tower of Mastery

Cliftor

Chieftain
I spent ages conquering the belligerents and schmoozing the friendlies in order to get in a comfortably safe position, but it seems no matter what I do everyone, even the very friendly civs, declare war on me the turn after I start the Tower.

I even joined their stupid Overcouncil club, thinking they had to vote to go to war with a member. This is my first time. Is there no way to prevent this war?

If not, looks like I need to build up several stacks-o-doom, because I have multiple fronts :( But I was gonna do that I might as well go for a domination/conquest victory anyway.

It's scripted in python for them to declare war on you.

Seven pines would end it, but I'm pretty sure they'd just redeclare later on it. I'd suggest building up a decent defence force before building the tower of mastery, or have some GE on hand to rush it.

Note that they will only declare war on you if they are not already at war with someone else. If you can convince other leaders to go to war with each other right before starting it then you are safe.

Note that they will only declare war on you if they are not already at war with someone else. If you can convince other leaders to go to war with each other right before starting it then you are safe.

Brilliant! Time to start pulling some strings.

And seven pines is luckily in one of my vassals borders, I can fall back on that later. How do I use it?

When you are at war, then a unit on the same tile as the Seven Pine will have access to the Peace spell (a version that unlike Corindale's Peace spell does not sacrifice the caster), so long as the spell has not yet been cast by anyone.

The "everyone declares war" stuff is easily avoidable. Just stockpile Great Engineers and/or cash and rush the tower in a few turns. Even if you have to change civics so you can rush, it's only a couple turns to the win.

When I started to build the tower, friendly Sandalphon did not declare war (maybe that was because he couldn't declare war due to the fact that I gave him something he asked, I can't remember). Nor did furious Faeryl Viconia (She couldn't, I think - our Peace Treaty was just recently signed).

Everyone else did.

Sort of. Once you have the Divine or higher altar, all evil civs that are not currently at war declare war on you.

Interesting. Didn't know that these two wonders causes this. But I like how this happens when you get that close to eternal power. And you should be powerful enough anyway so it will only spice up the game :)

I noticed a semi-'xploity thing that works out is signing stuff like Open Borders agreements, trade deals, etc. just before beginning the construction, since they can't declare war until they can cancel the deal. As I said, semi-'xploity, but easier than getting world wars going.

As for them all going to war with you thing. Makes sense, if you're heading for a win, they wanna stop you, because if you win - they lose.

I noticed a semi-'xploity thing that works out is signing stuff like Open Borders agreements, trade deals, etc. just before beginning the construction, since they can't declare war until they can cancel the deal. As I said, semi-'xploity, but easier than getting world wars going.

As for them all going to war with you thing. Makes sense, if you're heading for a win, they wanna stop you, because if you win - they lose.

Ah yeah, I think this is (and the fact that the other evil civ was at war) why I didn't end up at war with either the Clan or the Calabim until later when I went for the Altar victory.

Top Bottom