Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

I was dropped from the same game again when I missed a turn this morning. I don't see why I should have reached the skip limit, though, since I've only missed one turn, not counting the few I missed while in vacation mode.

And finally, would you please sub in NQ-carls13 for the Netherlands in The Big Gamble?

http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/850

Thank you!

Done

I was dropped from the same game again when I missed a turn this morning. I don't see why I should have reached the skip limit, though, since I've only missed one turn, not counting the few I missed while in vacation mode.

Fixed as well. We forgot to reset the skip count on that player slot, so you inherited the count from before. You're back to 0 now!

Thanks Brian.

Bug/annoyance report.

From time to time, my GMR client act crazy and absolutly refuse to show up. I see it in the taskbar(I am using win7 64-bit) but if I click on it, nothing happens. If I try to close it using the task manager, it give me an error:

*Are you sure you want to close this program? It is waiting from an answer from you*
I can still close it tough and its mostly a bother as I can still use the website to play and transfer games.

It usually happen after a heavy hotseat game with friends (a regular, non-GMR game), if I let the GMR program open in the background, I sometime get this problem especially after a few hours.

Bug/annoyance report.

From time to time, my GMR client act crazy and absolutly refuse to show up. I see it in the taskbar(I am using win7 64-bit) but if I click on it, nothing happens. If I try to close it using the task manager, it give me an error:

*Are you sure you want to close this program? It is waiting from an answer from you*
I can still close it tough and its mostly a bother as I can still use the website to play and transfer games.

It usually happen after a heavy hotseat game with friends (a regular, non-GMR game), if I let the GMR program open in the background, I sometime get this problem especially after a few hours.

I've seen this as well but have yet to figure out what causes it. A quick way to get the GMR window back up though is to simply right-click on the icon in your task tray and select "Show Client". Hope that helps :)

Oh neat you automated the premium account promotion :) Of course it should probably already check if the account is premium!

I've seen this as well but have yet to figure out what causes it. A quick way to get the GMR window back up though is to simply right-click on the icon in your task tray and select "Show Client". Hope that helps :)

That did not work for me. Even if I close the lcient and opened it again, it still stay hidden. I did found a way to bring it back tough, I right-click on the icon in the tray, maximize it, then I can just resize-it to my leisure.

Its mostly an annoyence tough. Might be the problem is due to the GMR client trying to link the newly saved hotseat game to one of my GMR game, not finding it then going into some kind of loop?

Oh neat you automated the premium account promotion :) Of course it should probably already check if the account is premium!

Yep, we got that automated like other parts of the site. But I think we're going to have to come up with a new account status higher than "Premium", like "Super-Duper Premium", or perhaps we could just call it "Islandia Level" after our biggest supporter! ;)

Thank you, we really appreciate it! :goodjob:

Hey! I want Islandia level. But when you put it like that it feels like I'm going to be very poor soon.

Yep, we got that automated like other parts of the site. But I think we're going to have to come up with a new account status higher than "Premium", like "Super-Duper Premium", or perhaps we could just call it "Islandia Level" after our biggest supporter! ;)

Thank you, we really appreciate it! :goodjob:

GMR Deity? :)

:goodjob: Islandia. One of these days I'll contribute, even though I'm sub 'cap'.

Unfortunately, tho, you can bring the client to the civvers, but you can't keep the civvers playing their games! People, what are you gonna do, right? Oh, that's right, you're going to be very responsive to the needs of the community and respond quickly to sub requests!! Thanks again!

GMR Deity? :)

haha, I'm afraid we have to reserve that title for Brian and I, you know, being the creators and all ;)

Unfortunately, tho, you can bring the client to the civvers, but you can't keep the civvers playing their games! People, what are you gonna do, right? Oh, that's right, you're going to be very responsive to the needs of the community and respond quickly to sub requests!! Thanks again!

Even better, we're in the process of allowing you, the responsible game host, to invite other players to substitute the AI in your "in-progress" games :)

Hello, I encountered a problem in my GMR game (http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/1285) and I am not sure if this is a bug with Civ5 or with GMR. Can someone help me here?

I'm currently building a wonder (The Great Library) but it does not finish. It remains at 1 turn left since about 2 turns. The production accumulated is now 294.45 / 277 but it still says 1 turn until production is finished. The production in the city is 12.

If have found nothing in the forums regarding such a behaviour. I'm playing with G&K.

Top Bottom