Wanting to or planning on using IndieCiv?

Jimmyh

Prince
If you have plans to use IndieCiv or want to use it in the future could you let me know what features you would need to use first?

Maybe a priority list would be better.

At the moment I am working on city placement, territory borders for Virote_Considon and Takhisis. Had to start work on scenario properties and being able to add civilizations to the rules

Also what are your thoughts on opening this area to the general public or maybe create a thread in the civ3 forums.

I'd keep most of it invite-only for now, although I'd create a thread to receive suggestions of what people would want and we could all link to it in our sigs (although my spam spam spam quote ain't going nowhere). Then later on when this reaches beta stage (2021? :p) you can have a separate group for those testers, eventually make it public.

Could be nice for waterfalls, rivers, volcanos, geysers, etc. that currently have to be placed as units in-map.

Any plans to have actual animated terrain features?

This could be some thing to look into later on. Civ3 is limited to 256 colours, I'd be more interested in what you could do with millions of colours.

Could be nice for waterfalls, rivers, volcanos, geysers, etc. that currently have to be placed as units in-map.

Would these just be visual overlays on the map?

Erm, depends. If you allow scripting they could be set to open at some specific point with an event, for example an explosion causing the Panama Canal to be built and change the feature, this animation could be a one-off in the entire game. Could be used for minefields, trap pits, barbed wire, etc. in battles, maybe for when some improvements are built -just like the Canal- like factories and the rest if they're somehow displayed in-map? In [civ3] if you destroy the walls of a city through bombardment the wall graphics just disappear.
Also for terraforming actions when a worker does them, if we have an 'allow stacking' or whatever that affects the tile as each turn passes while being worked on we could have a sort of WIP visualisation as well.

Visual overlays would be relatively easy, just an animated .gif or .flc for starters and let it be played when triggered, at regular intervals or continuously, depending on what it represents. What would happen when covered by fog of war?

Top Bottom