War Academy?

IndustryStandard

Chieftain
I kept scrolling up and down to find a fitting place to ask this, but alas..

I am trying to access the Civ4 War Academy guides but it seems yall recently switched hosts a couple days ago, and it redirects me to the forums every time.

So is there a way I can access the War Academy guides still or do I have to wait until whatever needs to be done with the forums first? I'd prefer not too.

I'm not sure when the War Academies and all that will be back..it could be days.

The Civ IV War Academy is quite old, although there certainly some useful guides and references. Many of the WA articles can be found somewhere in the Strategy And Tips subforum called "Strategy Articles", which I will link here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-strategy-articles.156/

If there is something specific you were trying to find, then you will likely have to search for it. However, there are quite a few newer guides (last few years) in there that you might find useful as well.

The parent S&T forum is also a good place to ask for specific advice from members.

Hmmm...not sure exactly what you are asking for here, but there is a good article on the leaders here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-illustrated-1-know-your-enemy.478563/

Someone took a spreadsheet that extrapolated the coding the guides leaders' decisions and action. Very good read and reference for making diplomacy decisions and planning strategy.

However, you may be looking more for something that describes each civilization and leader and provides advice/guidance on how best to use them. I don't know of anything offhand, but there are some pieces referring to specific strategies for certain Civ/leaders. You can peruse that sub-forum for them.

I'm not aware of anything comprehensive though. Although there's certainly been many discussion on the subject over in S&T.

I will say this though. While certain leaders/civs are better than others in terms of traits/uniques/starting techs, all that is secondary to learning and practicing basic Civ IV skills. I encourage you to focus more on that than civs themselves, and S&T is a good place to start for guidance and asking questions.

If you have a specific question though, or general even, about the civs, feel free to ask me.

Top Bottom