War Tactics

Also, if the civ is friendly enough to you (aka you're backstabbing someone), bribe them out of things like slavery and US. You don't need the AI whipping out more units.

Is it important to bombard until the percentage is 0? This is typically what I do as I thought it would make it easier for attacking with ground forces.

No, it's important to kill all of the units quickly. Every BTS/Civ question can be answered by "it all depends". With CR3 maces against archers, bombarding is usually a waste of time. The AI will now whip reinforcements in cities other that the one being attacked and send them over as extra defenders. So the longer it takes to bombard the city down, the more defenders you face.

It's the percentage of success that matters - with a reasonable success ratio, you can attack without bombarding. Speed of conquest is what you need to aim for.

Most of the war articles were written before BTS and war has changed a lot with the BTS upgrade. What level you are playing at affects the strategy as well as what kind of leader you face and what kind of leader you play. There is no single correct strategy for every game. Nor is there a single correct tactic for winning. Sometimes you can biuld the big stack and blow them away. Sometimes you can use bait tatcis to draw out defenders. Don't think there is a right or wrong way to do things, be creative.

Is it important to bombard until the percentage is 0? This is typically what I do as I thought it would make it easier for attacking with ground forces.

I like to bombard it to no more than 5%. I find losing a unit that has a 90%+ chance of winning highly irritating. For this reason I nearly always promote my siege to CRI --> Ambush.

So it's a bug that partisans spring up every time you raze a city?

If I'm not mistaken partisans is only supposed to have a chance to appear when razing a city and running the emanicipation civic.

Anyway, I would really recommend installing Bhurics unofficial patch as it fixes a whole lot of issues with the official 3.13 BTS patch.

If I'm not mistaken partisans is only supposed to have a chance to appear when razing a city and running the emanicipation civic.

Anyway, I would really recommend installing Bhurics unofficial patch as it fixes a whole lot of issues with the official 3.13 BTS patch.

Unfortunately the Bhuric patch conflicts with pitboss and pbem games.

So its a bug that partisans appear every time?? The units that pop up are quite ranging. I have had warriors, axemen and even 5 macemen suddenly appear after razing a city. 5 macemen can do serious damage to your stack especially if your stack is weakened by taking out 9-10 AI units in city. Not sure what would happen if you surrounded city with 8 units. Do the partisans just appear elsewhere?

Not sure if the unofficial patch would affect game if Firaxis made a further patch. Unlikely now?

Top Bottom