[R&F] War Weariness When Not At War: What Is This?

blackbutterfly

Emperor

I'm playing as Chandragupta. All of a sudden I have a ton of war weariness but I'm not at war with anyone. (But I did liberate Persia the last turn). No bankruptcy either. Is this a bug?

I don't think war weariness instantly reset at peace, then.

I was at peace for several turns. (In fact I was preparing for war moving my units to the other side of the empire). I should upload the game save. I've stopped playing cos I'm cooking my dinner now.

Peace does not get rid of your war weariness if you leave some of the civ you were fighting with behind>
i am not aware of a bug with liberation but there could be

Peace does not get rid of your war weariness if you leave some of the civ you were fighting with behind>
i am not aware of a bug with liberation but there could be

Initially I was at war with Gandhi (this is a TSL Earth map). You can see Delhi has the highest war weariness. But I eliminated him. (There can be only one!!)

So now I'm grinding diplomatic karma by repeatedly liberating Persia (whom I eliminated). Loyalty means Persia dies every 3-4 turns. And then I liberate it again...it's ridiculous TBH :rolleyes:

You liberated someone you had initially eliminated? Yeah it is possible that is causing the issue.
Why do you just not keep persia?

You liberated someone you had initially eliminated? Yeah it is possible that is causing the issue.
Why do you just not keep persia?

Then it's a bug. I tried to keep Persia but couldn't cos of loyalty. (It flipped in about 5 turns). But instead of razing the free city, I liberated Persia.

I just cooked myself a fab. dinner but afterwards I'll upload the game save to the bugs forum. Let the devs figure it out...

How many fights does it take to recapture the city, and what era are you in? You're probably just building up more WW than you get rid of, and not getting any extra credit for the peace of conquering the city.

This happens to me often and I think this works as intended. As far as I know, you gain war weariness by getting into battles (attacking with you units, not sure whether also when defending) and even much more weariness when you lose a unit.
You lose war weariness every turn (very slightly when at war and faster when in peace). And every peace treaty removes some big amount of war weariness - but this doesn't have to be ALL your acumulated weariness (and you have really a ton of it on your screen), so you have to patiently wait for it to slowly disappear.

Isn't this how it's supposed to work?

(I presume you were in some really long a heavy war to acumulate so many points. If not, then it really must be a bug.)

Seems like a bug, no war weariness to that. If you have not started up your game again could you post your logs as a zip?

I posted the game save on the Bugs forums. I have since moved on from that game but am still very puzzled as to why it happened. Is it a bug cos Chandragupta eliminated Gandhi? IDK

It was a pretty fun game so I shall have another go at Chandragupta on a TSL map (once I've figured out what went wrong that time) :)

Top Bottom