[Warlords] Composite XL More of Everything!

I don't know if you talked about this before, but I see in the civinfos.xml file a number of the UUs are commented out. Will it hurt anything if we take the comments out and allow civs to have a slew of UUs?

Ket said:
After further testing, Invisible Mines just do not work. My concept was to have a unit that if you moved into its square it would blow up, but invisible units are not engaged by the attacker. So you can just run right past them, and having mines chase ships around did not sound like a good idea.

I think I recall TheLopez talking about the development of invisible
'trap-type' improvements in another thread; that would make a lot more sense. Failing that, is there no way to create a function that fires when an enemy unit enters the same square that destroys the firing unit and damages the enemy unit? I also thought I read somewhere that immobile units were impossible to implement, and that seems pretty important for mines...

All in all, though, I think a good attrition mod that increased attrition with techs would best represent this sort of thing, rather than units and improvements. Boost attrition by 10% with the discovery of Combustion or some such to represent mines, and have an attrition-reduction by percent tag for units, individually or (like medic) as a stack, for new promotions (Logistics -> Minesweeper -> etc).

wotan321 said:
I don't know if you talked about this before, but I see in the civinfos.xml file a number of the UUs are commented out. Will it hurt anything if we take the comments out and allow civs to have a slew of UUs?

Very much so, those units where pulled out as the unit class system changed and they are not set to where they are supposed to be, they are also not in the formations and they are commented out in unitinfo.xml.

They are live in Unaltered But Flavorful my other mod, and they are mostly there cause this project was built on top of that one.

They are also not true UU's they are Flavor Units, there stats are assigned to units allready in game, but they represent different modern military units from each of the major power blocks.

That being said, they are being added into the system. I wanted to first see what came in oncthe new Civ's where all in place (we have 40 or so of them going in @ around version .8 or .9)

One thing Wotan remember I am updating the game prety often as we discover large bugs, I expect at the very least 1 update a week for the next month or so, so your changes are apt to get overwritten.

DCM (Dales Combat Mod) was slated to go in this version (.6), but I am having second thoughts let me explain

DCM is 4 mods to the existing system:
Missiles
Stacked Combat
MAD
Ranged Bombardment

Missiles are just that... Cruise Missiles... Or Smaller nukes that can be loaded onto units and are fire once and die.

The problem is the A.I. will not load them onto units and use them.
This is the same problems with Land Transport Units (Trucks and Helecopters) which is why I will not add Transport Choppers

Stacked Combat:
Your stack fights as one unit with special code for combined forces.
It sounds cool, it seems cool and the A.I. will use it BUT... there are problems.
Say you find a transport loaded with Infantry next to your Sub Fleet.. You engage... The Transport fights as a stack WITH the Infantry... Ummm... no
not going to go there...

MAD
Pre-Targetted Nukes...
GREAT IDEA Works well... But TheLopez Version is a bit better tying it into the building of a building (Strategic Air Command) and a screen to display inbound and outbound targetting.

Ranged Bombardment....
Ok this seems to be a good thing... about the only thing in DCM I can think of that I like...

I'm open to your thoughts....

please disregard. i figured it out.

good mod

oops. please disregard this as well.

Question, in the world map, are civilizations set in their real-world places? I think it makes the game loads better when they are.

Ket said:
DCM (Dales Combat Mod) was slated to go in this version (.6), but I am having second thoughts let me explain

DCM is 4 mods to the existing system:
Missiles
Stacked Combat
MAD
Ranged Bombardment

Missiles I like, but they should only go in if the AI uses them to *some* degree.
Stacked Combat I don't like, as it has too many little peculiarities about it. Maybe if it was refined a bit more, but even then, its a pretty dramatic departure from the regular combat system, which potentially unbalances the game (while making it more difficult to figure out which unit is doing the unbalancing).
MAD seems almost necessary, but I think TheLopez' mod is more suited to that. One of the two systems should definitely go in.
And Ranged Bombardment is interesting but I think the existing system (withdrawal chance + collateral damage) makes a lot more sense, at the very least for ALL siege/bombard units up until modern era.

GRM7584 said:
Missiles I like, but they should only go in if the AI uses them to *some* degree.
Stacked Combat I don't like, as it has too many little peculiarities about it. Maybe if it was refined a bit more, but even then, its a pretty dramatic departure from the regular combat system, which potentially unbalances the game (while making it more difficult to figure out which unit is doing the unbalancing).
MAD seems almost necessary, but I think TheLopez' mod is more suited to that. One of the two systems should definitely go in.
And Ranged Bombardment is interesting but I think the existing system (withdrawal chance + collateral damage) makes a lot more sense, at the very least for ALL siege/bombard units up until modern era.

I agree. Dont implement these mod. It will unbalance combat system of the game.

GRM7584 said:
I also thought I read somewhere that immobile units were impossible to implement, and that seems pretty important for mines...

I can be completely wrong, but I guess that GIR's addon(for sevo) has immobile units with the City Guard building...

Are you planning on working Eusubius' religion mod into this? (Which I thought was the eventual, but never implemented goal of the Flavorful mod, yes?) That would be a key selling point for me, personally.

Iluwen said:
Are you planning on working Eusubius' religion mod into this? (Which I thought was the eventual, but never implemented goal of the Flavorful mod, yes?) That would be a key selling point for me, personally.

I'm also very interested in that aspect, with the provision that worldviews are left out (or severely altered in function). Shinto is supposed to be in the next build, so I'm hoping for a gradual implementation of more religions, followed by the "Prophet" mod aspect of EWB. Putting a full, buggy mod into a composite mod that's still in testing probably isn't good mojo, though. I'd like to see how EWB can be integrated in part or in full into a mod, since I'd like to pull some of it into my own.

EWB is partialy in in the flavorful mod.
I say partialy as me and Eus had a miscommunication and he did the merge on the wrong version, so I re-merged his merge but it has a python error and needs more debugging. He has done a fix for it and is sitting on my desktop to go into Flavorful 1.4 as an Add-On Pack, Flavorful 1.4 is a largeish update and I need a few days to work on it. Once I get a break from this I will put some work into it. The good news is flavorful rarely needs to get updated. I'm also very slowly working on Shogun/Sengoku-Jidai but thats comeing along very slowly and I may open that up to the community and build a mod team for it as there is a ton of interest in it.

Shinto is in and working fine, Roamty just sent me the font fix I needed.

As a matter of fact, I'll add a teaser of the build notes for .6 at the end of the post.

I'm not 100% sure if I am going to put EWB in here, its definatly not slated for pre 1.0 as when I get the new Civ's thats going to be immense.

As Promised .6 Build Notes
Spoiler :
Religion - Shinto Added
Fix - Ocean Trading @ Optics
Fix - Vassal Trading Enabled
Re-Add - Air Force SDK Change
Re-Add - Pirates Mod
Update - Regiments & New Units (Flavor) Unit Count Now 197
GFX - War Elephant Size Reduction
FIX - TXT_KEY In Options For Slow Culture Growth
FIX - Isreal Diplomacy Text [OUR EMPIRE] Fixed
FIX - Parthanon No Longer Obsolete's

To Fix
Mouse Over Invisible Units Cause a python error (Not Fatal) (CCCP Fix)
Foreign Advisor Tech Screen Broken (Important To Fix BLOCKING)
Unit Upgrade Screen In Pedia Broken

To Install
Domestic Advisor Fix For Zoom
New Version Of Plot List Enhancement
MAP - Radical Earth 18 Civ 64X40 (Small)
MAP - 11 Civ Europe 61x45

ToDo:
New Crusade Tech, Wonder (Ganarts)
New Mideval/Renisance Units
Move Position Of Shamanism
ReligionDecay?????
MAD

Rollback SDK to match 2.0.0.5 CCCP
Still Effected
SDK/Python - Cultural Infuences
SDK/Python - Enhanced Culture Conquest

MAPS
MAP - Radical Earth 18 Civ 64X40 (Small)
MAP - 11 Civ Europe 61x45
MAP - StrategyOnly's Warlords III Map

Ket, was Flavorful ever get upgraded to Warlords?

Ah, Sengoku! I really liked the original, even though much of the tech progression was of dubious accuracy as regards Japanese history and military development.

I am useless as far as programming (the hard part), but should you get around to doing it, I would be happy to help with the rest. I have been making a study of Japanese fuedal history recently.

Flavorful was only warlords. I started modding with Warlords now its an obsession. I mod more than I play... game.aiplay 459 is my most typed thing in game :) Link is in my Sig, "Welcome to flavor country" please make sure to patch to 1.3 the EWB add on, is in the back part of my sig, but its not gone through my testing yet hence why its not official. Give me a few days to make that happen.

I would love some help on that front Iluwen! I was going to do a tech tree based off the Civ3 tree, if you want to come up with one. We have some amazing unit work that was done by SeZereth for the Ashugaru and Samurai
About 15 units.

------------
@All
Averaging 100 downloads a day, thats amazing.
Roamty just hit me with a HUGE set of fix's.... So im going to scurry along and get those in.... I 3> my team.. :)

Some funny screens from the last test game......
Game was automated not player controlled. Using The Synterra Map

I think the barbarians where going for culture win! Or Space Race...

Read The Text Log right over an ICBM is born...

Its a side effect of the great people re-namer python but its still funny as hell.

just a question.

how did you determine what civs should be added?:confused:

and its great to see many mods adding ethnic(flavour) units..

again great job on the mod:goodjob:

and your determination in making the mod better in any way:goodjob:

Canada was a request....
The other 3 where from our testers, I let them pick from a list of ones that I had available. I'm adding more in at a later version.

Does the Great Wall usually keep out barbarian galleys? I noticed playing this mod that it didnt keep them out. Dont know if this is a bug or not. Great mod !!

Hi, I have noticed two minor irratants, tanks are not in scale and sea going units can get land based promotions eg +15% defence in forrest. Personally I preffer to keep my gallons out of forrests :lol:

I have not had air bourne units yet.

Great mod!

Top Bottom