1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WARLORDS] Great Person Mod with more names

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Amra, Aug 29, 2006.

1. griff713

griff713 Chieftain

Had the Great Person mod for Civ 4 - and loved it - figured I'd
    use this one for Warlords.... followed directions... at least
    I think I did..... d/l'd the 7z file, extracted to Civ4\Warlords\Mod
    dir - ran the .bat - and even loaded the Mod in the game...
    but no popup on creation of of a GP - Did I do something wrong?
    Is there a log file I can check for errors in?

-griff

2. jray

jray King

I'm enjoying this mod in Warlords 2.08. One question though: do you know how it might be possible to make the GP popup window appear later in the turn sequence? Whenever I spawn a GP while at war, I don't get to see any of the enemy movements or attacks for that turn, and instead I just see a bunch of messages in the log like "You are under attack by the forces of Genghis Khan" and then all the final battle results. I can't figure out who was attacked where, and I have no clue where the enemy movements occurred.

And FYI, I managed to successfully merge this mod with Civ4lerts and ShowInfo, and I'll be releasing it as an optional add-on in my upcoming modpack.

3. Gaurav

Gaurav Prince

I had done this for the Vanilla version in Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod. Maybe if I get around to it, I'll dig out the code and get it to work with Warlords.

Edit: This mod was not really updated for 2.08 and reverses some of the game balance changes introduced by the patch. Also in Warlords, it is possible for a player to get more than one great person on a turn, which means I can't just merge in my changes. I guess this will take some real work to update. Good news is Jeckel wrote a fix for the bug reported by Ket...

4. Seapeople

Seapeople Chieftain

When i run the .bat file it says it is in use by another program. I can still load the mod however, when a GP is born it gives me the same popup every person. Could anyone tell me what is wrong and how i could fix it.

P.S. Great Person Mod is the best and in the past has been the only one i use thanks for updating it for warlord, Great work!

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Prince

I suppose you can try rebooting and running the batch file before running Civ4 or anything else. Also, if you are not an Administrator, make sure the batch file is permitted to write to the directory you put the mod in.

6. Gaurav

Gaurav Prince

Done! See Great Person Mod for Warlords v. 1.01.