[Vanilla] Warmongering Mod Not Working

David44357

Chieftain
I want to make a series of changes to the warmongering diplomatic penalty so my warmongering isn't such a problem for my friend/ally, who likes to play peacefully. I downloaded ModBuddy and created a test mod that contains the following:

UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value=25000000000000000 WHERE Name='DIPLOMACY_WARMONGER_POINT_PERCENT_DECAY';

In theory, this should make warmongering decay at an extremely high rate per-turn but it's not working. Things I've tried:
- I made sure affect save games was turned on
- I checked the log and verified the mod is loading
- I checked the local mod file to make sure it contains this line of code
- I made the same changes to /Cache/DebugGameplay.sqlite

Any help on what to do next to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

1st -- In Modbuddy, did you add an action with UpdateDatabase as the ActionType in the InGame Actions?

2nd -- directly editing the DebugGameplay.sqlite file will be of no value since it is re-created every time the game is started. As soon as you click Start Game on the game setup menu or Load Game on the saved games menu, the SQL database is re-constructed based on what mods are all active. Once the Database is constructed it is locked and no changes made to it by ALT-TAB to open the database and make alterations will have any effect.

3rd -- without a zipped copy of the mod to look at it is really impossible to know what else you might have done wrong. Zip the mod as it is within the game's Mods folder at (for Windows machines, usually)
C:\Users\UserNameHere\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

4th -- did you check database log to ensure there are no error messages there that might relate to your mod ?

5th -- many GlobalParameters will not have any altered observable effect unless you start an entirely new game

6th -- "AffectsSavedGames" does not mean that by checking this box in Modbuddy you can activate the mod for a saved game when the mod was not being used before. It means exactly the opposite. The mod must be enabled when a game is started in order to be implemented, and the mod must thereafter always still be enabled when a save is reloaded of a game that was started with the mod enabled.

7th -- given that the GlobalParameter in question is treated by the game as percentage value I doubt the game will implement properly any number like 25000000000000000. The game might very well be ignoring this crazy high number. Try something more like 200 if all else that I have mentioned appears to be in order.

Top Bottom