Wars of the Bronze Age

henryMCVII, encountered some difficulty when i add all the names, so I just added your first list as the great generals (now they are called heroes). you are win :)

Version 1.4 (14) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.167)

- AI has no more happines advantage.
- AI has an additional Combat Strength and City Defense, depending on the level (10% on King, 20% on Emperor, 30% on Immortal, 40% on Deity).
- Researcher bonus from Libraries and Scientific School has been reduced.
- In Barbarians removed fines. Now they have to fear!
- Added a simple religious system: you can build various shrines, depending on the terrain on which the town is situated.
- Changed names of Great Generals. Now the heroes of the epic.
- Added new portraits.
- Added new graphics for units Slave and Longbowman (reskining).
- Finally fixed bug with Tech Tree.
- ...and few minor fix.

Download in Mod Hub!

Slave:

Longbowman:

Perfect! This mod is exactly how I like these types of games to play.

Request: Could you do a quick mod for World War 2 now? Mainly, I just need:
1. A very slow time progression...maybe 1 week per turn so I can play forever without running a WW2 game into the 20th century.
2. The techs blocked at the end of the Industrial age

Thanks

shinyhalo, thanks for feedback!

a create a mod that you requested.. there are blocked tech tree, but a have a question about time progress. Do you start a game in a industrial era or any else era?

I'd prefer to start a game with only the prerequisite techs just prior to the Industrial age.

I would not want to start a WW2 game in ancient times.

I'm playing around again with your Mods latest version, again with my own map, and on Marathon. I'm not a good player, but I want to give some feedback.

Some simple Gameplay things

- Im playing Augustus right now, and the Trainings Camp seems a bit cheap: only 30 :c5production:- compared to barracks, which are 240 :c5production:. I build it in just one turn. Is this intentional?

- I love the Shrines, great addition! Maybe they are a bit overpowered, since they are free but add 2 or even more bonuses?

- Techtree still feels way to short. Why not just ad a lot of technologies? (in same eras). Just split up the technologies, which add 4 or more things. For Example "Currency" in my games is very powerfull, so how about splitting it up into 2 Techs?

- I run out in usefull ways to spent my Gold. The lack of researchagreements and the dumped down number of technologies in general are making this a bigger point to me. And since there are not many units to grade up, another thing to spent the gold is gone.

- Again: How about adding some unit upgrades? For example archers to bowmen to composite bowmen? Warrior to spearmen to phalanx? Axemen to shortswordmen to swordmen? Something like that.

Cosmetics

- May be your Temples/Shrines could be named a bit more .. hm... intuitive? --->> "Shrine of the Sun" needed for "Temple of the Sun" or "Cave of the Earth" needed for "Temple of the Earth" sounds more intuitive to me then the current system. Meaning: using use the same worshiped object name for its "Shrine" and "Temple" would feel more intuitive then using completly different names. Just my opinion.

- The year counter feels "wrong": I'm in 1378 AD right now, but still bronce age...

- How about renaming the eras a bit? like "Stone age" (actually "Ancient Era") "Copper Age" (now "Early Bronce") or so?

Thats all for now. Hope this dont sound to harsh, i enjoyed the mod very much. Thank you again. :)

I'd prefer to start a game with only the prerequisite techs just prior to the Industrial age.

I would not want to start a WW2 game in ancient times.

shinyhalo, try attached version. 1 week per turn is a ~50 turn per year!

Attachments

• Time Slow for WW2 (v 1).7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 155
Thanks! I just started another WotBA game so I'll try out the WW2 one in awhile. I'm sure it'll be fun too.
8)

I'm playing around again with your Mods latest version, again with my own map, and on Marathon. I'm not a good player, but I want to give some feedback.

Some simple Gameplay things

- Im playing Augustus right now, and the Trainings Camp seems a bit cheap: only 30 :c5production:- compared to barracks, which are 240 :c5production:. I build it in just one turn. Is this intentional?
its a ooold bug, remained after the test. but that's okay, Tr.Camp still conceived as building low-cost construction.
- I love the Shrines, great addition! Maybe they are a bit overpowered, since they are free but add 2 or even more bonuses?
yeah, me too, temples seemed some sort of poor. will be improved.
- Techtree still feels way to short. Why not just ad a lot of technologies? (in same eras). Just split up the technologies, which add 4 or more things. For Example "Currency" in my games is very powerfull, so how about splitting it up into 2 Techs?

- Again: How about adding some unit upgrades? For example archers to bowmen to composite bowmen? Warrior to spearmen to phalanx? Axemen to shortswordmen to swordmen? Something like that.
no, not in 1.x version. :) easier to make a new tech tree than to mess with the old. in addition, for new units do not have graphical models ... I'm trying to convert civ4 models, but so far unsuccessfully.

- I run out in usefull ways to spent my Gold. The lack of researchagreements and the dumped down number of technologies in general are making this a bigger point to me. And since there are not many units to grade up, another thing to spent the gold is gone.
Yes, gold is very much, I did not build the building late in the game and just buy them. This is not right and it should be corrected.

- May be your Temples/Shrines could be named a bit more .. hm... intuitive? --->> "Shrine of the Sun" needed for "Temple of the Sun" or "Cave of the Earth" needed for "Temple of the Earth" sounds more intuitive to me then the current system. Meaning: using use the same worshiped object name for its "Shrine" and "Temple" would feel more intuitive then using completly different names. Just my opinion.
Okay, it can be.
- The year counter feels "wrong": I'm in 1378 AD right now, but still bronce age...
and what turn?
- How about renaming the eras a bit? like "Stone age" (actually "Ancient Era") "Copper Age" (now "Early Bronce") or so?
with eras is not so easy, but I see how can do better.

Thats all for now. Hope this dont sound to harsh, i enjoyed the mod very much. Thank you again. :)
thanks for feedback :)

easier to make a new tech tree than to mess with the old.

Sonds like you plan a total new one. Great news! :)

in addition, for new units do not have graphical models ... I'm trying to convert civ4 models, but so far unsuccessfully.

The only way that comes in my mind for new units, is to re-use and re-skin existing units. Especially all these UUs: using them twice but reskin one of them would add some new units. I'm willing offering to help, but my fingers all are thumbs in moding. I'm owning Photoshop - so, if you can tell me how exactly to do this, then it may work.

and what turn?

Turn is .... hm.. turn 400 and something (on marathon). Im on work here, can't take a look now.

wow, a new patch notes from firaxis! how many changes... and some of the innovations made me repeat.

I am now working on version 1.5, it will be released after an official patch. Maybe this will be the latest in a series 1.x. It will be called "Three Arts of Сivilization". I rewrote the ending of wood science, collecting things leading to this or that victory into a single branch. Each of these branches would be one way or another Arts of Civilization. Will also be two new resource. Because of this, change some of the old building and there will be new. (But in relation to such global changes in the February patch have to rethink all of the buildings.) I improved the bonuses from Shrines and tried to reduce the amount of money in the game. I failed to realize the opportunity to choose the WotBA Game Pace in the pre-game menu, so I just changed one of the standard game pace on it. This will allow to run scenario with the desired speed of the mod.

Coming soon!

Version 1.5 (15) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.217)
* New gameplay conception: Three Art of Civilization.
* Added new resources: Tin and Granite.
* Increased bonuses from religious buildings.
* Modified and improved some of the Wonders.
* Many buildings are modified.
* Improved the economy.
* Corrected title and time of the ages.
* Added new policy Punishers: unhappiness in captured cities redused by 50%.
* After the capture of the city it still has 75% of the population.
* Swordsman are improved, scouts are nerfed.
* You can use a STANDARD game pace as WotBA game pace when you play a SCENARIO.
* And few minor fix.

---
Write me, please, about bugs! I have't time to test :(

\o/ Yeah, thank youuuuu; just DL-ing and try it out as soon as possible.

(But I'm still thinking you will need a looonger techtree before you can do more detailed adjustments and balancing.)

Any chance we can get version 1.4 as a standalone download? I'm playing on a Mac so I only have patch 167 and no access to the in-game mod hub.

Finaly I was playing around a bit, now I want to share a few comments about v1.5. They are not sorted, this is just what came in my mind.

- I love the new ressources thing. IMHO they improve the game pretty much.

- Ressource Icons (copper, tin, granite) are not shown like suggested on map. (Im afraid, this is Firaxis' fault, since in Civiliopedia everything is shown right, just on (premade) map the icons of iron, aluminium and coal are shown instead.)

- there is an empty "TEXT_KEY_RESSOURCE_COPPER.." entry in Worldbuilder and Civpedia

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- You added some resource bonusses to a row of buildings. Maybe you could change some again so that they work like circusses: you need the ressources to build them? The shrine of the sea seems to be a candidate for this.

- Some more restrictions would be nice too, I felt. (for example one need building A to build B as well)

- I like the changes you did, new economic balance (less gold) worked pretty well to me

- Some wonders are very powerfull (to powerfull in my personal opinion). But this is a matter of personal taste, I think.

- Do you plan to rename Wonders/buildings? Or adding new ones? So... do you need suggestions here? (I just felt some buildings and wonders are "wrong" in bronce age - its basicly cosmetics, but if adding new ones it's gameplay as well)

- cultural victory is not working yet, guess this has to do with capped techtree. (I was trying to win this way on Diff 6 with India, but I finally lost interest, becouse everyone was on same tech level, and I was researching same tech again and again.)

- I like the "Art of ... tech" idea, but ...

- I felt, the "Art of ..." techs comes to late. They are on the end of the tree, so... normaly they don't have much effect on the game anymore. After a while everyone has every technology. Even on Marathon they had.

- time scale is not working yet (im still in the year 1600 AD after 500 turns on marathon (or so) - I just love to play marathon, maybe this is not suggested here, but... I just love it. xD

I have a question about slaves. I created a slave unit and created a farm with them but they didn't work it - no farming animation. It was created but not worked. Also with cattle ranch and mines. Not sure if they just create the buildings and the default workers in the game work it for yields? Let me know. Thanks.

Also, about how much longer does it take for tech's to complete from normal? I had random events mod enabled at the same time and a random tsunami event set my production back to the stone age literally - no pun. I checked the progress of my mining tech and it was on 16600 turns to complete! I then went to my mod browser and turned off the random events mod.

This is probably a silly question but, where can I download this? I can't find the link.

Top Bottom