Wars of the Bronze Age

Hi Liaa,

I know you've been silent for some time but I love your mod and I have played many games with it. I was wondering, do you know if it works with the latest Patch (Dec 2011)? I am worried to get the patch in case your Mod is no longer working. Is there away of knowing this or should I risk it and see what happens?

Hi there!

Amasing mod, I am really enjoying it, but I am not able to play through a full game. I have played two, but in the first one I reach 1050 BC, then the game crashes every time. It happens every time even if I go back and load it to try again.

In the other game I reach 940 BC and then it crashes and I cant get by that year. It is always on an opponents turn, so I am wondering if there is a wonder or some sort of event that isnt working properly.

Hope someone can help me. I have vs. 1.5.1.511 (I believe) and play via steam.

Hi there!

Amasing mod, I am really enjoying it, but I am not able to play through a full game. I have played two, but in the first one I reach 1050 BC, then the game crashes every time. It happens every time even if I go back and load it to try again.

In the other game I reach 940 BC and then it crashes and I cant get by that year. It is always on an opponents turn, so I am wondering if there is a wonder or some sort of event that isnt working properly.

Hope someone can help me. I have vs. 1.5.1.511 (I believe) and play via steam.

well, bad news everyone. I have to hold the development for some time. :sad:

This mod is probably 2-3 patches behind the current one, which means it'll crash due to a myriad of issues.

Version 1.9 (19) realised!

* Updated for Civ V G&K.
* Removed all modern civilization.
* Project Utopia required 3 branches.

See it in Steam Workshop or download !

Will the new version work without the expansion?

Ok.

I will try the new version and tell you if it crashed.

I'm using v19 with vanilla and the mod isn't showing up in the Game Pace pull down tab. Am I missing something? Same issue when I upgraded to v20

Very impressing mod, i look forward to see much more improvements. Thumps UP!

Some points to support you which i found in gameplay with G&K:
- can't request enemy to not deliver his belief to my citys in G&K
- knights couldn't be built since there is no smithy buildable
- harbours didn't connect citys to capital till 3646 but then suddenly all get connect
- ships can't cross ocean, but troops could (probably wished?)
- smithy couldn't be built due to no iron on map but aluminium

All other aspects work fine for me. Especially the point to have no further research then medieval area is one of my favorites. :)

I played your mod for 3 weeks now and modified it for my own usage...

1) techs/buildings: DRAMA, AMPHITHEATRE COLISEUM are anachronism... I changed the name of drama to legends, coliseum to (ball) game room and amphitheatre to (Trade) Fair. Not too inspired but more accurate...

2) Artisans: I extended +2 culture bonuses to marsh (incentive not to dry it). Reason: culture from feathercraft, shellcraft, etc.

3) Catapult: It was created only in 399 BC. I added instead a siege Tower (from 10th century BC)
as a better hun-ram, available to everyone. The ram was assyrian-born, if you want to add them instead of huns...

4) Swordman: I raised it to strenght 18, no city bonus. Just to give a end-of-the-game champion, because historically, swords were not better than axes... And the swords are still of bronze, not iron...

Your opinion ?

Hi

I would like to play this mod (1.9) but, workers have no action to perform, im playing vanilla and the mod is in, my games/civ5/mods, anyone can give me a hint please. Thx

Hi

I would like to play this mod (1.9) but, workers have no action to perform, im playing vanilla and the mod is in, my games/civ5/mods, anyone can give me a hint please. Thx

You can build a farm from the start. You need techs to do more.

Did you try to hotkeys ?

I had a bug- unable to get any order button till I reinstall...

Hi All,

Did anyone get a solution to the problem of workers not performing any tasks? Unable to use manual mode as no buttons are displayed, tired auto mode but workers just run back to city.

Thanks

Chris

Althrough the mod is dead (or its development is halted; same thing in this case) i'll post some bugs i met, in case OP or anyone else would revive this nice mod.

-Peace treaties are bugged. Their length is 0 turns, which results in inability to declare a war to the civ you signed treaty with ever again. Same applies to AI - don't cease wars until you capture capital city if you aim for domination victory. I (ab)used IGE to fix it :D
-denounces and declarations of friendship are bugged - they also last 0 turns, and will end the same turn you signed them. Appears to be connected with the bug above.
-mongolian UU - khan is bugged. They got no promotions at all, which means not only they give no additional medic bonus, but usual combat bonus is also omnited. I've managed to fix it by adding 'new' khan replacing the 'old' one.
-copper luxury resource was made unharvestable (by making it 'visible' after reaching radio tech - which is obviously not possible due to mod theme), instead of being deleted or replaced by anything else.. That may result in cities demanding (luxury) copper, which will block 'we love the king day' in that city till the end of the game.

Top Bottom