Wb Crash When Placing Rivers On Edge

Modfather

Chieftain
When editing maps in WB any attempt to place a river on a tile along the edge of the map will result in a crash to desktop. I do not remember having this problem in Civ4

Civ4 maps wrap, Col maps don't. You should be able to add rivers down one edge, but not the other (I think the left should be okay but the right edge crash).

This is unfixable as the river definition is on the left edge (I think). Which means on that right edge of the map it's looking for mapWidth+1 which doesn't exist. :)

Dale, all edges crash; top, bottom, left, right (actually I havent tried the right) I could understand if I was trying to place the river along the edge of the tile but I am coming into the edge of the map at a right angle. So the river I am trying to draw is in between two tiles that are on the edge row(or column) of the map. It should not be affected by the fact that the map does not warp as it has nothing to do with the (imaginary?) row of tiles just off the edge of the map. As soon as you hit an edge tile with river tool selected, crash to desktop. Does not seem right to me.

Oh yeah, I've definitely duplicated this behavior. Once I load it again, I'm going to try with different terrain types. I'll update with what I find.

Ok, I tried all terrain types, buildings, and resources on both the Western Hemi and Carib map. Only rivers caused the CTD when placed on the top or bottom row (did not attempt the far right or far left column).

Here is the error message:
AppName: colonization.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.1 Offset: 000feaf6

I tried to get the error report, but failed. Searching my computer for it now, if I can find it I'll upload it.

Okay, after testing it I'm now more inclined to think that it's because the river affects adjacent tiles that it's crashing. So it is affecting the tile on the map, and then an adjacent tile which is in the ether (doesn't exist). This would cause the crash.

I haven't got my BtS disk with me, so can't confirm if it occurs there either.

The odd thing is that the Carib map has river tiles on the border. I guess they didn't use World Builder to build it :crazyeye:

The odd thing is that the Carib map has river tiles on the border. I guess they didn't use World Builder to build it :crazyeye:

I imagine that they found the bug when building the maps and filed it as low priority to fix, and admittedly its not a huge deal. I do hope they fix it.

They probably opened up the WBS file in notepad and manually edited the data for the edge tile to place the river in that way. I don't know if that works, haven't tried it yet.

Anyone know the command to get the tile coords when you mouse over one in game?

Dale I can guarantee this does not happen in BTS or any of the other CIV4 products.

Top Bottom