We are all warmongering communist slavers!

Shirastro

The ruler of the Gnomes
Think about it!

How many times have we enslaved and killed our own people just because we couldn't wait few more turns for something to finish building on it's own?
How many times do we declare war, kill, conquer and vassalize(lol) in the name of some arbitrary victory ?
How often do we run a communist economy !!!!! :p

Montezuma and Shaka are angels compared to us! :lol:

I got a feeling civ games sometimes bring out the worst in us. :lol:

How many times have we enslaved and killed our own people just because we couldn't wait few more turns for something to finish building on it's own?

Well, what do the people expect, if they complain, then they shall be whipped!

How many times do we declare war, kill, conquer and vassalize(lol) in the name of some arbitrary victory ?

Arbitrary.....If we wouldnt eat chickens, they might evolve into a higher life form then humans and eat us...same goes for poor pathetic civs, better wipe them out while ya got the chance!

Almost never, sorry....Free market all the way :)

That is assuming that all of those things are "bad".

The slaves often volunteer to be whipped by sitting around doin nothing but complaining with their read faces.

Once I conquer people they get a much better life. Lots of luxurious resources, plenty of food, more technology, more buildings, a better army to protect them, etc. I am practically rescuing them.

I am not sure why one's choice of economic structure makes them a bad guy. I would think that Caste System would be "bad" more so than communism.

That is assuming that all of those things are "bad".

The slaves often volunteer to be whipped by sitting around doin nothing but complaining with their read faces.

Once I conquer people they get a much better life. Lots of luxurious resources, plenty of food, more technology, more buildings, a better army to protect them, etc. I am practically rescuing them.

I am not sure why one's choice of economic structure makes them a bad guy. I would think that Caste System would be "bad" more so than communism.

The part about communism was more of a joke, so was the rest of the thread actually.
Don't take it too seriously :D

People always find life better under me, if I can't pay people to rush it, then well, they just work for XX turns til it's finished unless it's a wonder I NEED

my victory is total conquest and destruction of my enemies(those who wish war) I'm usually passive, until someone hits me, then I hit them twice as hard.

How often do we run a communist economy !!!!!
I'm a Capitalism in all games, the more money I make, the better.

People always find life better under me, if I can't pay people to rush it, then well, they just work for XX turns til it's finished unless it's a wonder I NEED

LoL, last game, I whipped so much, my life expectancy dropped down to 49 years. I was playing with two other human players who's life expentance was in the high 60's

Slavery FTW :)

Think about it!

Montezuma and Shaka are angels compared to us! :lol:

I got a feeling civ games sometimes bring out the worst in us. :lol:

It does bring out the worst in us.

I'm not as merciless a slaver as I should be, but I certainly use it.
I always declare war, kill and vassalize in the name of a victory. I can only offer in my defense that I'm merciful toward those who acknowledge me (vassalize). I don't demand resources (can trade for monopolies) and often gift technologies.
Commie economy. Although I don't use Police State much, I'm a big State Property fan.

Montezuma and Shaka are often among the angels if they start next to me. Shaka even more than Monty - I worry more about him because he techs better so I eliminate him fast if I can. Monty is a nice source of Great Generals.

Well, it's not my fault Firaxis loves the commies so much that it becomes the default choice if you're going down the victory path already. :(

As for whipping, well, that's what you get for not shutting up. My favorite thing to do is to whip the crap out of newly conquered cities and place my former army into them, so they're happy anyways. :D

At the tail end of a conquest win, I start burning down all the cities I come across if they won't surrender, as I can't be bothered to guard them. My favorite is nuke+raze.

I am merciful to my friends and vengeful to my enemies. That's just how I roll. My favorite victory is the true diplomatic victory. (Not diplomation fakery or AP herp derp)

1.Not often, only in dire times of war where I will normally whip them and draft them at the same time.

2. Not often, unless I am at war with a Civ far away and trying to vassalize an overzealous Izzy who won't capitulate no matter how many cities I raze, or if I am trying to go for a historical Mongol/Rome/Aztec/Celtic war spree.

3. Even with three cities on the same continent, State Property is still the most profitable civic.

I never whip people to finish buildings for me. I "strongly encourage" them to do it, and once in awhile a few die :evil::whipped:

They don't die. They just disappear and nobody hears from them again. Huge difference here.
:shifty:

Angry people who don't contribute to anything in society must be WHIPPED! Also they eat all the food just like bad roommates.

War? What is it good for? Defense contractors, Profiteers, and Promotions!

Communism works because in Civ all we have to worry about is unhappiness, which can be fixed by shiny things or buildings.

"It's too crowded! Wah!"

I know how to fix that and get that granary built at the same time. Won't be "too crowded" for long.

Sometimes my vast empires require communism to cut costs. If you don't like it, see what happens to complainers (above).

Personally, I am trying to get over my addiction to slavery and run caste system earlier. I dream of a world where no child fears the whip and every child can grow up to be anything they want.*

Spoiler :

*Provided they want to be a farmer, miner, scientist, merchant or work in a workshop, and that was their father's job.

In my games working unimproved tiles.... death penalty right there!!!:king:

I just wonder why Russia was rather nonindustrial compared to the rest of at the time at the revolution as they kept serfdom for so long. Serfdom is my labor civic of choice as I can run with fewer workers.

LoL, last game, I whipped so much, my life expectancy dropped down to 49 years. I was playing with two other human players who's life expentance was in the high 60's

Slavery FTW :)

Actually, I forgot to mention, it's only MY people, if I conquer yours, I'll whip the crap out of them, to shut them up about my rule.

Though if I happened to like the civilization's leader I'll be merciful to the populace.

1.Not often, only in dire times of war where I will normally whip them and draft them at the same time.

2. Not often, unless I am at war with a Civ far away and trying to vassalize an overzealous Izzy who won't capitulate no matter how many cities I raze, or if I am trying to go for a historical Mongol/Rome/Aztec/Celtic war spree.

3. Even with three cities on the same continent, State Property is still the most profitable civic.

Care to show some conclusive math on that, or are you just continuing the joke trend of the thread :goodjob:?

Top Bottom