We Slip Further Behind

I don't know about a top 10, but here's what I noticed when we started up testing:

-Major Policy changes all around.
-Lots of Wonders have been changed around (Pyramids give two workers when finished, Hanging Gardens - WOOO!)
-Hotseat mode is in.
-End game replays that show how territory shifted and a giant stack of graphs.
-Tech tree has shifted around a little.
-Research agreements give an amount of research based on what techs you have available, instead of just giving a random tech.
-Every AI on Emperor difficulty is evil and backstabby.
-I can finally end a turn in multiplayer and not getting completely destroyed if someone else declares war after I've ended the turn.

cool! Can't wait. Cheers! :)

Mac Civers you have forgotten the new resource "stone" and new related building :goodjob:

Forgotten? How can we forget something we may never see?

Cheers.

By reading patch notes of windows version ;)

As i understood, it seems we will jump from 275 to 383 patch !

By reading patch notes of windows version ;)

As i understood, it seems we will jump from 275 to 383 patch !

I was just making a point. We may never see an update. Do you realize that the PC patch was on June 28th!!!

If the PC gets another patch before Aspyr can release the one in testing, it's back to square one.

Cheers.

I'm beginning to lose faith again. Please Ryan, give us some hope! And avonhungen how do you do that? Civ 5 is getting kinda boring without some new things, let it be new policy effects or DLC. Please!

I'm beginning to lose faith again. Please Ryan, give us some hope! And avonhungen how do you do that?

You meant, "Please Obi Ryan, give us some hope!" Right?

I think i'll play this game with bootcamp... it's the only way to have an upgraded game :mad::mad::cry::cry::cry::sad:

You poor Mac people, still no update? What's the point in having a Mac edition if months out of date? Aspyr needs to get their act together.

You could see the nice side : you could roleplaying Civ 5 in single player ;)

I discovered nice thing by playing Civ 5, i discovered that the key fact is to do not too much search to win in the end of game, it's not obligated to be the best because in game score is not so representative of the power of your civ...

You could play the game just for fun to survive or just maintaining your empire with a powerful army... And expanding at an another moment when it's ok :good job:

When enemy civ take a city from you at one moment doesn't signify that you have lost the game...

We're more than 10 weeks behind now. I am starting to wonder about Aspyr's commitment to this product. I cut them considerable slack for a while with OS10.7 coming out and all but there are limits. 10 weeks and no clue from Aspyr about whether it will be 11 weeks or 20 or 100.

I know AspyRyan has said they don't want to overpromise and fail to meet a deadline but I don't think even that scenario would be any more alienating than this perpetual limbo.

We're more than 10 weeks behind now. I am starting to wonder about Aspyr's commitment to this product. I cut them considerable slack for a while with OS10.7 coming out and all but there are limits. 10 weeks and no clue from Aspyr about whether it will be 11 weeks or 20 or 100.

I know AspyRyan has said they don't want to overpromise and fail to meet a deadline but I don't think even that scenario would be any more alienating than this perpetual limbo.

Excactly :(

Just keep in mind that the publisher is the real culprit here. The publisher releases the patch on the PC side about the same time they *give it to* Aspyr, so, they're working hard to keep up. I blame 2K for this fiasco.

Regardless, I won't be buying any more Mac games from companies proven to treat their Mac base like crap. If it's good enough to boot into Windows for, I'll do that, but otherwise, I've got Heart of the Swarm, Torchlight II, and Diablo 3 coming up, from companies who support Mac gaming with more than just lip service. (Runic Games is mostly the old Blizzard North crew.) I'll buy any Mac Civ V add ons/expansions ilke I did Civ 4: in a bundle, cheap, after patches are done with.

And Ryan, I'm not unhappy at you guys. You guys are doing what you can, but, you've been dealt a crappy hand by 2K, who have the Mac users' money, and don't care about us at all now.

Guys, come on. This isn't a "fiasco." Yeah, I want to play with the new patch also, but taking shots at Aspyr won't change the reality. They're just a little studio that's been saddled with trying to match Take2's constant trickle of patches and DLC. This seems like a strain on their business model to me. They usually just do a port after the PC code is pretty stable and then they're done. When have their ports required this kind of "commitment" before? I mean, first of all Civ 5 has been patched and repatched a dozen (guessing) times in its year of release. Then there's the DLC. How much do you think Aspyr is really getting from all this?

Top Bottom