Weird Bug I never saw Before

omnimutant

Warlord
Anyone ever have this happen before?

I just got out of a long war with Ragner. I was able to buy my way to peace as he was working me really well and I was not going to survive. A few turns later a message pops up that says "You Have Declared War on Ragner"!?!??!?! Noooo. I never clicked anything! I did not even enter his land as his borders do not touch mine. All I was doing was letting the workers auto rebuild what was left of my city. The only physical Thing I did was advance turns. I'm really confused (and quite bummed out actually).

Any idea how this happened?
Thanks.

Let me ad that I do not have pacts with anyone, nor allied with anyone, and Vassals are turned off.

The only thing that springs to mind is an AP resolution, but I guess that's not what happened. BTW, a peace treaty should last ten turns, so a war declaration of any kind before it expires is a bug.

As for myself, the one I encounter relatively often is "you declared war on our friend" diplomatic penalty, when in fact I was declared upon.

I thought Maybe AP but I'm not part of the AP at all.

As for myself, the one I encounter relatively often is "you declared war on our friend" diplomatic penalty, when in fact I was declared upon.
Ouch thats a bad one!

[KC]Bantams;6786290 said:
I think you bought a Cease Fire and not Peace perhaps :D

I think you can only offer a Cease Fire for a Cease Fire.

It'll probably be the AP, likely the AP members voted to declare war on the infidels at the same time as omnimutant became a voting member, so he missed the vote but got stuck with the consequences. The log should indicate why the DOW happened, if not post the save as suggested.

I tried to ride it out and got slaughtered. If it happens again I will definitely check/post the log.

Anyone ever have this happen before?
Any idea how this happened?

Are you using Bhruic's unofficial patch and did you wipe out a civ earlier on? In 3.13 there's a bug where if a civ creates a colony and the one that is created is the same as the one you wiped out, then you end up with an automatic declaration of war from both the new colony and it's master. Bhruic's patch makes so that any civ that has been eliminated earlier cannot be used again, so you avoid that bug.

Are you using Bhruic's unofficial patch and did you wipe out a civ earlier on? In 3.13 there's a bug where if a civ creates a colony and the one that is created is the same as the one you wiped out, then you end up with an automatic declaration of war from both the new colony and it's master. Bhruic's patch makes so that any civ that has been eliminated earlier cannot be used again, so you avoid that bug.

He/She plays with no vassals, so the bug in question is not possible even without the unofficial patch.

I just use the official 3.13 Patch. I thought that it might be AP related but after playing it through and getting wiped out I don't think it was. I never saw a vote come up nor have any alliances / open border agreements with anyone. The AI ALWAYS chooses to vote for open borders. If I was forced into the AP somehow My borders would have opened um I'm sure.

Maybe I can dig a hard save up. The Auto save has been overwritten for sure though.

beware alt-click on civ names will declare war immediately. (one of the possibilities)

(useful when they don't want to talk to u after a boycott in trade,
sad when accidentally clicked ~_~''
well, treat as a random event, deal with it if possible...)

That's not a bug: it shows up clearly down left when you mouse over a civ name. One has to pay attention even when playing. (Hm, that could be an in-game Tip...)

I did not click on anything! The only thing I was doing was pressing enter after each turn and letting the automated workers rebuild.

I just had another odd thing very similar happen. Posted in another thread.

sounds like a good time to open up map editor to fix the bug lol

Ragnor may have vassalized someone else that you were at war with.

what probably happened is that he got the random event that a high ranking official of yours was embedded in his government and he took the "this can be considered a declaration of war" opption

I do remember that event from a previous game, but since that was someone who was already my vasal I chose another option.

what probably happened is that he got the random event that a high ranking official of yours was embedded in his government and he took the "this can be considered a declaration of war" opption

Yes this seems like the closest answer

Maybe a defense pact was triggered by Ragnar declaring war? And maybe the peace treaty ended prematurely because he vassalised himself to someone else?

Top Bottom