- Mar 19, 2007
Alright, well I built my first computer about three months ago, and it's been working great except for this little quirk I just found... For some reason when I plug in headphones, the computer restarts, and then refuses to boot up. It gets stuck at the launch screen, and all input(keyboard, mouse, etc) doesn't work, so I can't go into Bios or anything. As soon as I take the headphones out though, everything works fine again. Perhaps the weirdest thing is, this doesn't happen all the time. If I had to guess, I would say around 80% of the time this happens, but the other 20% I can plug them in and everything keeps working(Incl. the headphones). Any idea what might be causing this?