- Dec 24, 2001
- Albuquerque, NM
I managed to finalize my build and would love if @Synsensa and @Birdjaguar could have a crack at it, especially in terms of incompatibilities and everything fitting together. Here it is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yYK8TC
- Does everything fit into the case?
- Do GPU / RAM / CPU / PSU work with this mainboard? PCPP says yes so far.
- Does the PSU work with this setup, is it the correct wattage/voltage and will it provide enough energy? Estimated wattage is 297W.
- Do I need anything extra? I obviously have mouse, keyboard, monitor et cetera, I mean purely for the tower PC.
- Do these parts "harmonize" with each other, or could this be done better?
Checking with http://www.logicalincrements.com
Your processor and motherboard are rated good and your graphics card rated VG and great.
Your Power supply, the 620 model appears to be replaced by the 650 so it is now outdated. Go with more power (650) and newer version.
Logical Increments pairs your graphics card with the R7 2700X CPU and the MSI x470 gaming plus Motherboard. LI recommends the Asus x479x Pro in combination with your graphics card.
Do you have a monitor picked out? 27-32" 4K is very nice. You can use your current, worse one as a second screen.
Your Fractal case may be discontinued and replaced by the Fractal Design Meshify C model.
So, unless money is a real issue, I'd upgrade both your MB and processor to match your graphics card and bump the power supply to 650. I do like the 1 TB SSD!
And yes go with 16 GB Ram. It is likely overkill in most situations, but who knows what is coming?