• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

(RFC3E) Welcome to RFCEurope Enhanced Edition

View attachment 691870

Iceland has been moved so that it fits (just like in the current map). Britain and Ireland have been enlarged slightly (just like in the current map). Northern Russia and Northern Scandinavia have been shrunk slightly, because not much happens there, but I don't like the way the current map cuts off northern Scandinavia.
Idk honestly. Iceland is definietly feels way off, I think a simple representation is enough, maybe even less than what we have now. Really not much hapened there. Having a full scandinavia seems good. But somehow the whole thing is bent weirdly, like an upside down U. Extending to eaast is intresting, but how you balance that powershift? arabia ottomans and russia(rarely) as AI already doing good with that they get a significant boost to power. That said, I'm not against the expansion, just keep in mind that nuances.

Alright, so I finished my first playthrough in the new version, these are my observations:

1; where is my stability numbers??? Don't care how you do it, but pit it back, I don't want to check F2 every time I want to glance over it.
2; on the same note, I'm missing the uhv achieved "(0/3)" thing. Instead of that now there is so many things I don't care/know.
3; I'm not a big fan of this new blue marble thing either. Not bad, just makes seeing things a touch harder. I guess it's there cos you like it.
4; Under the research bar, is a new one. Showing great ppl is ok, but I don't understand the other. That's a me problem.
5; the notification bar is cluttered with many useless information (for me) can that be costumizable? (Ie, who trades how much gold or other stuff)
6; the pope built the Mathias Church, what?

Out of all this only the 1; is a huge problem, it was a smooth sailing otherwise.
Towards the end got some weird error messages.
And obviously need more play to find balance issues before we move on to the next phase, but overall good job.

Alright, so I finished my first playthrough in the new version, these are my observations:

1; where is my stability numbers??? Don't care how you do it, but pit it back, I don't want to check F2 every time I want to glance over it.
2; on the same note, I'm missing the uhv achieved "(0/3)" thing. Instead of that now there is so many things I don't care/know.
3; I'm not a big fan of this new blue marble thing either. Not bad, just makes seeing things a touch harder. I guess it's there cos you like it.
4; Under the research bar, is a new one. Showing great ppl is ok, but I don't understand the other. That's a me problem.
5; the notification bar is cluttered with many useless information (for me) can that be costumizable? (Ie, who trades how much gold or other stuff)
6; the pope built the Mathias Church, what?

Out of all this only the 1; is a huge problem, it was a smooth sailing otherwise.
Towards the end got some weird error messages.
And obviously need more play to find balance issues before we move on to the next phase, but overall good job.
1; The stability level symbol on the scoreboard gives you a quick overview of its status. Not enough?
2; I can indeed add this back yeah, no problem.
3; I guess this is a matter of taste. I still down want to maintain multiple graphic design.
4; Which one ? I'm not sure to understand what you describe. If you can share a screenshot it would be cool, thanks.
5; This is a part of the BUG mod. You can enable/disable and customize this with the Alert's tab in the BUG setting menu. You can access it with the new icon on the top left of the interface. I shared a screenshot.
6; Idk...

If you can share any error messages you get, I'd be glad to. :)
Also, if you can share some lategame saves, I would also appreciate. It would make the debugging simpler for me. Thanks!

Spoiler alert :

2024-05-25_16-05-1716648902.jpg

1; The stability level symbol on the scoreboard gives you a quick overview of its status. Not enough?
2; I can indeed add this back yeah, no problem.
3; I guess this is a matter of taste. I still down want to maintain multiple graphic design.
4; Which one ? I'm not sure to understand what you describe. If you can share a screenshot it would be cool, thanks.
5; This is a part of the BUG mod. You can enable/disable and customize this with the Alert's tab in the BUG setting menu. You can access it with the new icon on the top left of the interface. I shared a screenshot.
6; Idk...

If you can share any error messages you get, I'd be glad to. :)
Also, if you can share some lategame saves, I would also appreciate. It would make the debugging simpler for me. Thanks!

Spoiler alert :
sure.

If you mean the little blue wing that's up/straigh/down, no that not enough, I need the numbers. ie: +5 or -1
4, see the shot
5, thats fantastic
6, the pope shouldnt build any wonders, should he??
if you end turn from the 1628, there should be those error msgs

Attachments

• what.png
    what.png
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • AutoSave_AD-1652 Turn 376.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • problem.png
    problem.png
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • AutoSave_AD-1628 Turn 364.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • error.png
    error.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
ok so about error messages, all 3 are fixes. you can pull the main branch to get the new changes.
About the pope, I don't know, I will check about it.
About the interface:
- the 2 values and symbol to the left are just esthetic changes from the original RFCE, faith points and prosecute cooldown value. These are also visible in the religion advisor, I made changes over it.
- for the other asks from your screenshot. All of these come from the BUG mod. (btw didn't you play with RFC DOC? the adding of BUG mod is there since a long time, and it was the main thing I missed).
The GP bar gives you info about the next GP (check the tooltip at the bottom left, shot 2 & 3). For the scoreboard, it's corresponding to (from left to right) score delta (value between the current and previous turn), power ratio (in your shot your army is 1.4x stronger that the polish for instance) and the number of the cities own by the civ.
I've disable the number of the cities by default. See my first shot, in the BUG setting menu you can customize anything from the scoreboard :D
You can customize a lot of the adding from the BUG mod (ticks of the progress bar and so on...)

Finally, I will work on adding the stability score along the symbol. (and a setting to enable or disable it in the BUG setting menu).
EDIT: I'm going to add a scroll bar inside the interior advisor, I'd forgotten you could have so many lines.

Spoiler shots :

2024-05-25_18-05-1716656349.jpg
2024-05-25_19-05-1716656558.jpg
2024-05-25_19-05-1716656561.jpg

ok so about error messages, all 3 are fixes. you can pull the main branch to get the new changes.
About the pope, I don't know, I will check about it.
About the interface:
- the 2 values and symbol to the left are just esthetic changes from the original RFCE, faith points and prosecute cooldown value. These are also visible in the religion advisor, I made changes over it.
- for the other asks from your screenshot. All of these come from the BUG mod. (btw didn't you play with RFC DOC? the adding of BUG mod is there since a long time, and it was the main thing I missed).
The GP bar gives you info about the next GP (check the tooltip at the bottom left, shot 2 & 3). For the scoreboard, it's corresponding to (from left to right) score delta (value between the current and previous turn), power ratio (in your shot your army is 1.4x stronger that the polish for instance) and the number of the cities own by the civ.
I've disable the number of the cities by default. See my first shot, in the BUG setting menu you can customize anything from the scoreboard :D
You can customize a lot of the adding from the BUG mod (ticks of the progress bar and so on...)

Finally, I will work on adding the stability score along the symbol. (and a setting to enable or disable it in the BUG setting menu).
EDIT: I'm going to add a scroll bar inside the interior advisor, I'd forgotten you could have so many lines.

No, never played DoC for some reason.
So not familiar with the bug mod, it's quite overwhelming. I also managed to screw up my F2 screen, but will manage it.

Couple of more bugs:
1. Building state religion does not add (or remove) religion points - save attached
2. When building the wonder - window with the picture of wonder appears twice
3. Bug when Serbs revolting event happens and I press sticks and carrots - python error and no barbs spawn.
1716728084832.jpeg

Attachments

• Simeon I AD-1161 Turn 187.CivBeyondSwordSave
    578.2 KB · Views: 2
Couple of more bugs:
1. Building state religion does not add (or remove) religion points - save attached
2. When building the wonder - window with the picture of wonder appears twice
3. Bug when Serbs revolting event happens and I press sticks and carrots - python error and no barbs spawn.
View attachment 692012
1 and 3 has been fixed. You can fetch the main branch.
About 2, I see indeed that the movie appears twice, I think I know why. This will be fix once I've finished some tweaks to the codebase (a matter of days/weeks).

I played I game with Germany, everything good until I got this bug. See attached screenshot and save, Besides that the mod runs well and I enjoyed the added wonders. I agree with gilgames regarding the stability icon on the main menu, it is handy to have it. Also the total stability does not seem to match the sum of the several sub voices listed in stability page. I will keep testing the new releases whenever I can.

Attachments

• IMG_20240526_184127683.jpg
    IMG_20240526_184127683.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • neu germania 8.CivBeyondSwordSave
    739.3 KB · Views: 2
I played I game with Germany, everything good until I got this bug. See attached screenshot and save, Besides that the mod runs well and I enjoyed the added wonders. I agree with gilgames regarding the stability icon on the main menu, it is handy to have it. Also the total stability does not seem to match the sum of the several sub voices listed in stability page. I will keep testing the new releases whenever I can.
I've tested your save and I don't have the bug . This bug has been notified by @gilgames few days ago, it's has been fixed. From what I see with your shot, you're using the git version? You can pull the main branch, I made some changes since few days. You can already customize the score (stability values for instance) in the BUG menu (see my shot).
The next release will be there in a couple of weeks.
About the stability yeah, the computation and display isn't quite good at the moment. I will work on a complete reworks for the release after the next one.
Still, don't hesitate to share bugs you're run into, thanks! ;)

Spoiler screenshot :

2024-05-27_02-05-1716768032.jpg

I've tested your save and I don't have the bug . This bug has been notified by @gilgames few days ago, it's has been fixed. From what I see with your shot, you're using the git version? You can pull the main branch, I made some changes since few days. You can already customize the score (stability values for instance) in the BUG menu (see my shot).
The next release will be there in a couple of weeks.
About the stability yeah, the computation and display isn't quite good at the moment. I will work on a complete reworks for the release after the next one.
Still, don't hesitate to share bugs you're run into, thanks! ;)

Spoiler screenshot :
my bad I apologize. I downloaded the latest version and the bug is gone.

So I played with Byzantium today. The early game is harder than I remember. I did everything right, but you can't keep stability over 0. And the newly conquered cities will leave you at -1. You also swing down to -10 or worse. I know the 6 extra cities are historical, but can we make it 5? Or make those provinces stable? Also we should have more players do that. It's a fairly quick test.
Basically from turn one, I ran a 0% tech to keep some cash at hand and not go bankrupt. That meant I did not had cataphracts before the barbs. Btw the Barb notice msg is broken. So defending my realm with archers and swords is not fun. Maybe make a feedback thread? Where these posts belong?

Ps: fixed my whatever, and the changes you made are good. Almost could make back how I used to see my game. But I miss the stability number stuff where the prosecutors are now. Sorry

@gilgames hum weird... It has been fixed with latest changes so?
Btw thanks for the suggestions thread. For consistency purpose, could you rename it like this: (RFC3E) Suggestions and requests
Thanks!

@gilgames hum weird... It has been fixed with latest changes so?
Btw thanks for the suggestions thread. For consistency purpose, could you rename it like this: (RFC3E) Suggestions and requests
Thanks!
UHM, no. The stability meter was where now the religious points are.i a format like:

Stable (+12)

But idk how big this issue really is. I can now see it on the right side.

Can you still see the city name, settler, and war maps in WorldBuilder or somewhere else?
Do you mean that it's something not anymore in the worldbuilder (compared to the original RFCE)? If so, this could be due to the adding of platybuilder.

Do you mean that it's something not anymore in the worldbuilder (compared to the original RFCE)? If so, this could be due to the adding of platybuilder.
I'm sure everything is still there, just this one is much more complex and hard to find the functions we had in the basic world builder.

Yeah, I couldn't find them when I tried looking in the new WorldBuilder. Do you think support for viewing them could be re-added?

Top Bottom