We've all heard of Pangaea with an island...

pneuma

Its not made by MGLs
But how about an archipelago where all 8 tribes start on the same island?

There were four islands total, two were ~10 tiles. If anyone wants to verify this, the map settings were:

Standard
Archipelago 60% water
Normal
Warm
3 Billion
Roaming Barbarians
World Seed 21565110

I have had a 60% water 'pelago map in which the islands were all close enough together to be joined by land bridges. It was possible to circumnavigate the world on foot.

I saw an archipelago that was just one giant strip of land that went all the way around the world.

Inversely, I played a Pangaea game where I started on the only island on the entire map. Actually turned out pretty well because I had to suicide galley (Lighthouse later) my way to the main pangaea, therefor I built 0 military and signed alliances willy nilly while building all wonders.

Archipelago maps can get really weird, and most of mine resemble densely packed continent maps. To get a more spread out island map, I use continents and 80% water, which gets more reasonable, or a 70% setting on a huge map. However, another option to get a more reasonable Archipelago map is generate one using the editor, and then take some of the islands out that are too close together, replacing them with either sea or ocean squares, depending on how much you do not like uninvited visitors crashing your island.

Top Bottom