What are the advantages of getting into a new era quicker?

You open more policy trees (the later ones are generally more powerful, especially Patronage and Rationalism). Also, the bonuses you get from city state alliances increase in certain eras.

That sounds good. I like dealing with city-states, so the bonuses should be worth it.

Are there any, for example, getting into the Industrial Era before 0AD?

Pounding out aggression
Turns into obsession
Cannot kill the battery

Scaring the crap out of your opponents when you hit Industrial and they're still in Medieval? :)

You can get to Renaissance amazingly fast if you beeline the right techs, and maybe a little luck. Industrial usually takes me some time though, mostly because I prefer going back and filling in the techs I skipped first. Might be worth the time!

On that note, why is it that while I am beelining to Philosphy (Pottery - Calendar - Philo), the AI hits the era before I do? This is on like .. Prince level. Not that I'm complaining I just find it hard to believe that the AI is also beelining and doing it better than I am.

On that note, why is it that while I am beelining to Philosphy (Pottery - Calendar - Philo), the AI hits the era before I do? This is on like .. Prince level. Not that I'm complaining I just find it hard to believe that the AI is also beelining and doing it better than I am.
maybe they got some lucky huts

Perhaps. I also have played on prince so far, what I find more odd is that all the AI it seems get into classical age before I do, then after that I get into medieval, renaissance and so forth before anyone else. Hmm, quite curious.

You open more policy trees (the later ones are generally more powerful, especially Patronage and Rationalism). Also, the bonuses you get from city state alliances increase in certain eras.

Yar, you have to wait to open some policy options so jumping ahead into the right era and then going back to clean up some other techs can help.

Research is based on pop, so maybe their starts have more food?

Top Bottom