What are the pantheon beliefs to go for?

Personally Religious Settlements, the bigger borders are always nice, population is limited by housing and Amenities so Religious Settlements is always useful, Fertility Rites can actually hinder occasionally

If you're Russia, Dance of the Aurora. 7 or so Faith per Lavra that you can drop in the middle of the Tundra is massive.

Other than that, it's a nice change from Civ5 that you get to keep your Pantheon even if someone else spreads his religion to you, and that you can get one with a fairly minimal investment (running God-King for 25 turns, if that).

Sea God for coastal civs?

Initiation Rights is good with Sumeria. 50:c5faith:, gold and a goody hut reward (usually boosts) from each barb camp is great is go hunting them down. If you get lucky with your geography you can even have a foggy barb farm region.

Depends on what level you're playing.

If you're playing Emperor or above, it looks like the best Pantheon belief is +2 faith from quarries, since it seems nearly impossible to found a religion, at least you'll get some extra faith from quarries until your pantheon is wiped out by the AI. I guess some of the others will also provide a temporary benefit.

After that, they're all useless because you can't form a religion.

Yeah can be really situational, though Religious Settlements and Fertility Rites are pretty solid all-arounders if you don't really plan to go too heavy on religion
I don't know, they were good in civ 5, but in this one your growth gets capped by housing all the time and then +10% is useless, and the borders grow at snails pace so +15% isn't much after all

I tend to go for +15% to Ancient/Classical wonders if I don't plan on founding a Religion on King or lower. You can squeeze Hanging Gardens or Colossus before the AI converts you.

For Emperor or Higher I always go for a religion, which means grabbing the best possible faith generation pantheon left.

Divine spark is good at higher difficulties to get a religion. The +1 great prophet point per turn per holy site really helps win the race for the second to last prophet. Also it's useful to get an earlier great writer to boost your culture.

God of the open sky can also give a big boost to your culture early on because pastures are relatively common and they're tiles you will be working anyways. With a good start it can be pretty much equal to free monuments.

I'd rate pop growth below average because it only helps after neighbourhoods are researched. Before that, you are generally capped by housing. That's why Hanging Gardens are also not worth investing your hammers so early.

+15% border growth are okayish, as it is so slow that slow +15% is still really slow and you need to rush buy 80% of your area anyways.

I'll go with some classic faith generation based on your area I settled in..

Top Bottom